Chapter 14

"Joon-yeong ah, didn't you mention that your science club made a drone?" On-jo asks the bespectacled guy in urgency.

"Yeah. You want to look for Cheong-san with it?" Joon-yeong inquired.

"Could we?"

"Well, yeah. But it's in the Science Lab." Joon-yeong stated.

"We can go get it." the girl pushed.

"How could we get it? It's crawling zombies out there." the lad reasoned out.

On-jo turn around, pointing at the still hanging hose, "That."

"You.. want me to climb up on that?" Joon-yeong asks in disbelief.

"But there are zombies on the science lab too," Hyo-ryuk pointed out.

To which On-jo reasoned out with, "There weren't any on the supply room, right?"

"That's true but.." Joon-yeong averted his eyes.

"We have to find Cheong-san. There's no one else beside us to start looking and rescue people." said On-jo.

"Yeah," Nam-ra agrees, "It would be good if we have the drone. We can find Cheong-san and then we can see how things are outside. We might be able to send an emergency message and ask for help."

"Sure, that would be really good. But who's gonna go?" Hyo-ryuk asks the question all of us must've in our mind.

"I'll go. I took a fire rescue class, and I've climb ropes before."

"No, I'll go." Of course, the ever hero Su-hyeok comes to the rescue. My grip on my name tag tightens. Stop, Minra. It's so petty.

"You already went out there. You can't keep putting yourself in danger." On-jo asserted.

"The drone isn't finished yet. We need to find a few more parts to run it. Do you know what to get?" he looks up to On-jo but when the latter didn't answer, he sighs, "I have to go anyway, I guess." he nodded to himself, "I'll go with On-jo."

"No way," Dae-su suddenly protested, "I'm actually going this time so stand back."

"But you can't," Wujin protested, "He can't. The rope will broke."

"It was fine when I came down. But it'll snap when I climb up, right?" when Wujin nodded, Dae-su immediately retracted, "Yeah, it'll snap."

"Right, Good Boy."

It was then decided that Joon-yeong and On-jo will go. They are about to leave when Su-hyeok suddenly grab On-jo on the wrist, stopping her from going further, "It's too dangerous. I'll go."

My heart can't take it anymore. I look down, slowly pushing my name tag back to my pocket and tune everything out. I shouldn't be really thinking of love and crushes when we're literally hanging between life and death. I shouldn't even let my hopes that high.

I might've fallen asleep because the next thing I knew was that they've already fixed the drone. I nearly fell down the chair when the drone suddenly appears in front of me, it's bug like sounds startling me.

"I'll take it outside after I find Cheong-san. If I find any rescuers there, I'll land in front of them."

"Okay Okay Okay."

As the drone is being prepared to go outside. Nam-ra spoke, "Wait," the drone stopped whirring, "they say when people knows their situation is hopeless, that's when they despair."

"That.... was a sweet saying," Dae-sue said in uncertainty and then goes to ask next, "What does that means?"

"It means that people will eventually lose all of their hope in surviving when found themselves in a situation that they couldn't go out to." I answered.