Chapter 08

The hose we used to climb down broke the window, the glass cluttering on the floor. A hand grab me from the ground and then I was pulled back. My eyes stare at Su-hyeok's back  while he has his arm spread in front of me. Why do people keep pushing me back when I can clearly protect myself? Haven't they seen me killing those zombies earlier? I'm not a damsel-in-distress. Am I that vulnerable and helpless to look at?

"Did someone not make it in?" Su-hyeok asks as he watch the swinging hose in anticipation.

"No, we're all here." Cheong-san answered, hesitantly walking towards the broken window.

It keeps swinging back and forth. I pull the scissors from inside of my sweater, holding it tight as we wait for what's going to happen, all of us are holding our breath.

"Don't go!" Gyeong-su yelled to Cheong-san.

"Yah, Cheong-san ah.... " but he only look at us before proceeding to walk closer to the window, "Be careful."

The glass crunching beneath his shoes. As he got nearer, the tighter my grip on the scissors.

"Do you see something?" Woojin asks as Cheong-san finally stop in front of the window.

Gyeong-su follows him but didn't get any closer, just opting to peak through Cheong-san's shoulder, "What is it?"

Silence reigned until Gyeong-su wave his hand at us, "It must be the wind." he shrug.

It's certainly not.

"Ahhhh, it scared me." Gyeong-su commented, massaging his chest as he sighed in relief.

And then a zombie suddenly dropped in front of the window, dangling head first on the hose, its foot was stucked on the loop. We jumped and I cursed. I didn't got surprised on the zombie because I'm quiet expecting it but I got surprised because of the people around me screams.

The zombie is snarling at us like a wild animal, holding onto the window as it try to reach us but it was stuck on the loop.

"It's coming in!" Dae-su yelled as he back us on the corner, holding his hand to keep us on his back. I was left on the very behind, right on the wall and they're squeezing me!

"Yah! Cheong-san ah, come here!" he called Cheong-san.

However, it seems that Cheong-san has another thing going on his mind because he suddenly crawl to the locker and grab something---a mop.

He charges to the dangling zombie, using the mop to push it away.

"Push it!"

"Get it away!"

The zombie grab the end of the map, hugging it as Cheong-san tried to pull it back to only get pulled by the zombie. He's nearing the window dangerously.

Gyeong-su jumped in, helping Cheong-san in pushing the mop to keep the zombie away from the window.

"The hand!" Joon Yeong panicked when he noticed that Gyeong-su is getting dangerously close to the mouth.

And that's when the zombie got a hold of his hand and he pulled back in panick.

"Step back!" Cheong-san scream at Gyeong-su.

Gyeong-su managed to get away from the zombie as well as Cheong-san who smack it at the back. The mop broke, leaving only the handle. I pushed through the people around me so I could step out after seeing that the mop was left with sharp end.

"Don't get closer!"

"Cheong-san ah! Stab it in the head! It's the only way to kill it!" I yelled through the screams of the group and the snarls of the zombie.