Chapter 35

The entire team was sitting on the benches, near the beach. They having their supper which were Burgers, Chips, some spicy nuggets and their favorite milkshake. Everyone was laughing about what Riya did with Justine and her mother. Riya was surprised that Samantha, Ying, Zoe and Antonio saw that. She wondered what they were doing in that area. Unless, they heard about Riya and Sebastian's dinner and they wanted to see how the dinner went. Everyone was happy that they made Justine and her mother realize that they crossed the line. Even though Justine and her mother did not see it, Riya was proud that she stood up for herself and Sebastian.

"Hey guys, I really wish that Liang was here. He is also part of the group.", Samantha said with some disappointment.

"Call him, it's morning in Singapore.", Zoe said.

"What if he is busy? Now we are in December, his hotel must be busy.", Ying said. 

"True. Liang only messages when it is morning in Singapore and calls in the evening.", Riya said. 

"He must be missing you.", Antonio said then ate his Cheesy Bacon Burger. 

"Yeah but we will be back soon. As long we solve this case.", Riya looked at everyone. 

"Agreed. Well, I'm glad I had some fun.", John said, taking a bite of his burger.

Sebastian looked at him. "Really? Pouring chocolate on your family members was fun?", he asked.

"Before I would have scolded Riya for that. After her talks about power and money, I realized that those things are meaningless. They did deserve it because they did make people pay for the damages. Even though the damages were caused by Justine and my mother.", John explained. 

"The amount of money they took was unbelievable.", Antonio said. 

"At least they don't need to bother anyone because Riya will definitely hack into their accounts.", Zoe nudged on Riya's shoulder.  

"So, what are you guys doing for Christmas?", Sebastian asked.

"We will be in Singapore, hopefully. Spending time with the families, having dinner, drinking and watching a lot of Christmas movies. Then we will be suffering with hangovers the next day.", Ying answered for his team.

"Since we left our family, we probably don't know what to do.", Mr Wright was tapping on John's shoulder.

"You can come because I'm going to spend my Christmas in Singapore.", John said to him. 

Antonio looked at Sebastian. "Well son...", he placed his hand on Sebastian's shoulders. "After this case is solved, we can move to Singapore. We made such lovely friends and we are now part of this team."

"Riya is opening her business very soon.", Samantha suggested.

"After we finish with this case, we are going to work in her business.", John said. "I know what you guys are thinking. I'm planning to leave the Police Force because I realized that I'm not good at being a police officer.", he said. 

Everyone was silent for a moment. They even stopped eating. "Well, you are admitting that you are not good but it's okay. We are not good of everything. We are good in other things.", Riya said to make him feel better. 

"Yeah, I didn't want to be a police officer at first. But I had no choice because I was married to a closed minded husband. I wanted to start a business. I should have done that than living in that life with a lying cheating husband. He never once took care of Ling or worried about Ling's school and life.", Samantha said with some anger even thought she did not show it. 

Riya, Ying and Zoe understood the pain Samantha was going through. Her life was a mess because of her cheating ex-husband. Everyone was silent for a moment. 

"At least, we are almost close to solving this case. We need to push ourselves because we got less than two weeks. We almost going to one week. Let's solve this case so we can be back before Christmas.", John was speaking like a Captain.

Riya, Samantha, Ying and Zoe were impressed by that. "Hey, you spoke like a real Captain.", Samantha was being serious. 

"I will like to propose a toast, to team work.", Mr Wright said, lifting up his glass.

Everyone lifted their glasses up. "To team work.", they touched their glasses together. 

"Sorry sir, we didn't ask your name.", Zoe just remembered.

"Benjamin Wright.", he answered. 

"Welcome to the team Benjamin.", Samantha said with excitement. 

Everyone welcomed him and they took large sips of their milkshake. Samantha was making sure that Riya was not drinking too much milk because she still under the weather. Zoe gave some spicy chicken nuggets to Ying and Antonio. Everyone was having a wonderful evening together. Even though Sebastian wanted to take Riya to dinner, he was having a wonderful dinner with her and the team.