Chapter 13 (Part 1)

Meiling and Kris were assembling a four tier cake. Riya was piping Italian Meringue Buttercream on the Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes. Riya spent the whole day with Meiling, helping out to make the desserts. Riya's sister and mother did come earlier to check on Riya. Padma, Riya's mother, did give Riya some iron tablets while Riya was waiting for her strong medication. Padma was also on iron supplements. Hitarthi was not impressed on how John spoke to Riya that Hitarthi wanted to beat him up. But Riya told her that she and Liang managed to solve the problem. That made Hitarthi feel better but she was still going to go after him if he continued hurting her sister. 

Kris was adding the buttercream roses on to the cake. Shing was placing the savories meals on the long dinner table. Riya managed to take a break earlier from the baking to visit Samantha as White Jaguar. Luckily, Meiling, Shing and Kris did not suspect her. They were more worried about the party than what was Riya doing. The house was decoration with so much decoration, more decorations than Liang and Riya's house. A puppy started baking out loud from the pathway. Someone could have enter the house. A deep voice was talking to the puppy in a sweet manner. Kris went to check who it was but he stopped halfway. Liang entered the big kitchen a small white fluffy puppy in his arms. He was stroking its neck with his fingers. 

"Gege, you finally made it.", Kris said with excitement. 

Liang looked at his brother. "Yep. I wouldn't miss something like this. You should be careful next time with her. Where is the ribbon for this little girl?", he was meaning the puppy. 

"It's by the table. You can put it on for her before the party starts. Anyway, we are almost done. We just need to arrange everything.", Kris went back to help his mother. 

Liang kissed the puppy on her head then placed her on the floor. Riya finished with the last cupcake. Now she was just adding the decorations. Liang stopped next to Riya and looked at the orange and red buttercream cupcakes. Riya was only paying attention to the cupcakes. Meiling went to the storeroom to get something. Liang looked at his mother who was inside the room, looking for something.

"Moods.", he whispered in Riya's ear. 

She looked at him immediately. Liang grabbed her by her lower back and glared at her for a moment. He was checking on her in terms of her health. She was looking slightly pale due to her iron been low. She still had the plaster on her forehead. Apart from that, she was looking much better than earlier. Liang noticed a small piece of cupcake in her hand. 

"Were you eating while decorating?", he asked. 

"Just tasting, to make sure it's good.", she answered with honesty. 

Liang looked at her for a minute. Then he bent his head to her left hand. Her fingers went to his mouth. He took the last piece of the cupcake from her fingers. He licked off the last bit of buttercream from her fingers. Riya was feeling slightly nervous after he licked her fingers. Liang looked at her in the eye.

"You mustn't eat too much of cakes and sour food. Now that you are on iron tablets, you need to watch your diet.", he was being serious. 

"I didn't eat the whole thing though. I shared it with Kris and Meiling.", she was telling the truth. 

"Okay. From tomorrow onwards...", he pulled her closed to him. Their lips almost met. "You have to minimize your sour and sweet intakes. You must also reduce eating junk food.", he whispered. 

Riya listened to him then she was looking at his clothes. He was dressed up pretty casual for tonight's dinner. A dark red shirt with black jeans and a black coat, he was looking handsome. There was no difference to Riya because he still looked handsome in his normal clothes. Liang was looking at her dress but the floral apron was blocking it.