Chapter 38

The entire city was watching the footages of the men dragging the models out of the models' apartments and houses. Liang managed to hack into all the social medias to put the footages there. The screens also showed the pictures of the models that were dragged on the footages. Not only Los Angeles were seeing this, the entire country and the world were seeing the footages. Everyone was looking at their phones, TV and the outdoor screens, completely frozen. They were stunned by what they seeing. The families of the models had went through so much by their children's suicide. Now their children were alive and seeing what these criminals were doing with them. The parents did not want to see this.  

Already, people were protesting by the police stations and the modelling companies. They were even trying to break down the windows and buildings. They did not care whether the companies were involved in drug dealings. They wanted the managements to stop treating the models badly. Some people were watching the protests from their apartments windows. The footages really got them pissed. 

Riya was looking out of the window, watching the protestors moving to a specific direction. Riya was receiving too many messages from the police stations about this. Her phone kept on buzzing on the coffee table. She did not blame the protestors because most of the police officers did not do anything to bring justice to the parents. She finished looking at the protestors. It was getting dark and she needed to get ready for Christmas Party. Not all the officers were going to be there because of the protests. Samantha suggested that the Captain should have had the party after the investigation was solved. As always, Captain Rowan only listened to himself and the sound of his arrogant voice. Riya was already dressed up in her dress. Her dress was simple without beaded work. The fabric was chiffon with dark green and red strips on the flowy part. This was the dress Liang and Sebastian bought for her. All she needed to do now was to put her make-up on. Her was straighten with her shortest layer tied on the back of her head. Red roses and white mini flowers where on the clip. 

Riya took out all the make-up from her cosmetic bag. A bottle of foundation, lipstick and eyeliner fell on the bed. That were the only things she had in her cosmetic bag. While she was picking up the foundation, her phone started ringing. Her phone was next to her. It was Liang.

"Hello Wang.", she put the call on speak.

"Hello Moods, are you ready for this party?", he asked.

"I just need to apply make-up. Burgh.", she hated the feeling of foundation. 

He made a soft laugh. "Oh, you got plenty of time to get ready. I wish I can see what you look like right now.", he was being serious.

"After I finish do my make-up, I put the call on video and show you.", she started applying foundation on her face. 

"Oh okay. Do you have everything ready?"

"Yes, Samantha has my things somewhere safe in that house. We are going to Maria's house. Sebastian's aunty who is his adopted mother.", she finished applied foundation on her face. She did not want put too much make-up because of her sensitive skin. 

"Is Antonio going to the party?"

"Actually, he is Samantha's date for the party."

"Awesome, it's about time that Samantha should move on from the past. She has really been through a lot. I hope there is not going to be any problem with Maria.", he really hoped.

"I doubt anything will happen because Antonio and Maria have been divorced for four years. If anything happens, we will sort it out.", Riya was waiting for her foundation to dry up before eyeliner. 

"Eish, there are so many nasty comments about the imposter.", Liang was probably looking at his laptop.

"I also have a theory that the woman was probably using Antonio's appearance out in public in order not to get caught. She problem knew Antonio schedule and used the schedule to do the dirty work.", she explained and started applying the make-up.

"Like when he is sleeping or on a trip to another country."

"Possibly."

"Trying to frame other people to get away from going to prison. Like some say, the robe will end once the devious people cross the line.", he made a soft sigh. 

She took the eyeliner pen and carefully applied it on eye skin. She was not talking to Liang because she did not want to get distracted. One mistake then it was game over. She made it with one eye then she went to the other eye. Her hand was slightly shaking. But she could not use the other hand to hold her shaking hand. The other hand was used to hold her eye. Finally, she made it without messing up her make-up. She threw the pen on the bed. She grabbed her rose red lipstick and smoothly applied it on her medium size lips. She looked at herself on her powder mirror. She was looking perfect in her eyes. She closed the lipstick and started packing all her make-up in the bag. 

She picked up the phone and switched the call to video chat. Liang face popped on the screen. "What do you think?", she showed him the dress.

Liang checked her out. "Ay, you never failed to surprise me. I wish I was there.", he said.

"Me too. I will be back soon. I have faith that we will finish this sooner than we think.", she showed him a smile then looked at the messy bed. 

A loving smile appeared on his face. "I really do miss you.", he whispered so she did not hear that. 

Riya heard something from him. "Wang, did you say something?", she asked then looked at him.

He felt a bit startled. "Eh, no. I leave now because I need to go to the office. By the way, you look beautiful."

"Thank you."

"Okay, I will hang up now. Enjoy your party."

"Thank you. Enjoy work.", she started laughing.

"Hahaha, I hope so. Bye Moods.", he hung up the call. 

Riya also hung up the call and looked at her phone. It was almost half past six. The party would only start at eight o'clock. She had plenty on time to relax. She walked out of the bedroom with her phone. Before she could put her butt, someone knocked on the door. 

"Ah come on.", she was a bit irritated.

The heels were slightly killing her. She walked towards the door. She stopped and opened it immediately. Sebastian was standing by the door with a big bouquet of red roses with green leaves sticking out of the roses. Riya was amazed by the size of the roses. 

"Wow, this is massive.", she only had her eyes on the roses.

"This a thank you gift for accepting my adopted father and I in your team. Plus, it's almost Christmas so an early Merry Christmas.", he said with so much confidence.

"Thank you. Early Merry Christmas to you too.", she took the roses from him. "Wwwhhhhhhooooooaaaaa, this is heavy.", she went to the sitting room. 

"Are you ready to leave?", he entered the room.

"Isn't it too early to leave?", she placed the roses on the coffee table. 

"Mom doesn't like people coming super late. Plus, her new boyfriend will get pissed if someone comes late while he is doing his hideous speech. Let me tell you, his speeches are long.", he warned her.

"Then I will sleep in like five minutes."

Both of them laughed then she came to him. He left out his out hand. She scooped her hand around his hand and held it tightly. They walked together out of the door. Once they came out, Sebastian used his legs to kick the door close. They walked together through the pathway with small smiles.