Chapter 7 (Part 1)

Riya was walking with Michael in a huge mall. Michael was looking for a jewelry store. He needed to buy a Christmas present for his mother. Christina had become chilled with Riya hanging out with her son. Christina even offered to help out in Riya's business once it was opened. Riya nearly fell over backwards when Christina told Riya the offer. Christina really changed after what her ex-husband did. Riya felt sorry for Christina. No matter how faulty Christina was back then, she did not deserve that life. Now that Michael was working in Cheng's business, everything was sort of getting better in their lives. 

Michael was telling Riya about his mother selling all the jewelries, clothes, shoes and other accessories that her ex-husband bought her. She did not want to keep all those things from someone who cheated on her and kidnapped over two million women and girls. Michael decided to buy a jewelry because he never gave his mother a present before. All the presents used to given by his father. Michael felt bad not giving his mother a present. Riya and Michael found a jewelry store. 

They entered the store together. "So, why is Mr Wright forcing you to wear rings?", Michael asked.

"You know how he is. Honestly, I really don't want to work there but I need the money for my business. Now he is forcing us to work for longer hours and not giving us breaks.", she was looking at necklace.

"That really sucks. But you should be excited that you are going to Los Angeles. You mustn't only worry about the case. You must go to the beach, meet new people and get ideas for your business.", he was looking at the bracelets. 

"Mr Wright is coming with us to Los Angeles. I doubt we are allowed to go anywhere. He wants us to be on this case twenty-four seven while he will go to the clubs, drink all night long and do other disgusting things.", she was still looking at the necklace. "You mom loves necklace.", she suggested then looked at him.

Michael looked at her. "I want to buy her something that she could use every day and something simple. I noticed that she doesn't like those busy jewelries anymore."

"Well. Buy her a simple necklace with a heart on it."

Michael looked at her with a smile. He was impressed with the suggestion. "Good thing I ask you to come with me.", he like the idea. 

Riya was happy to hear that. While Michael was looking for a necklace, she spotted something by the window area. A small silver diamond ring with four tiny diamonds on the edges. It had a medium size round cut. It was simple but very beautiful. She could not stop looking at it. She slowly walked to the window while looking at it. She stopped in front of the rings and took the one that she had her eyes on. She placed it on her right middle finger but it was slightly lose for her. 

"I think you need to put it on your ring finger.", a man said behind her 

Riya looked at the man and it was Michael. She looked at him with confusion. "Really?", she asked.

"Yep."

Riya gave it a shot. She removed the ring slowly out of her middle finger. Then she placed the ring on her ring finger. Shock appeared in her eyes because it was fitting perfectly. She looked at Michael out of interest. 

"How do you know that it will fit on my ring finger?", she asked.

"Simple, the ring is an engagement ring.", he pointed at the window. 

Riya looked at the window and saw a small card, written 'Engagement Rings', in bold. "But still, it doesn't mean that it all the rings would fit my ring finger. These rings are just for display. When you want to buy the ring, you need to take the size of your finger in order for the ring to fit perfectly.", she explained.

"But when I saw you trying to put that ring on your right middle finger, it was slightly lose. When I saw ring finger, it was going to fit perfectly. See, it fits your finger perfectly.", he was proud with the explanantion.

Riya looked at the ring. "Well, I'm disappointed that it's an engagement ring because it so beautiful."

"Well, you can buy it."

"I doubt I can. Plus, it's really expensive.", she was looking at the ring with a sad expression. 

Michael understood how she was feeling. "I'm sorry Riya. I'm sure someone who is looking at you right now will buy the ring for you. The person is probably looking at you right now."

Riya looked at him with confusion then looked out at the window to check. She was no one looking at her. She could only see a floral shop and designed dress shop. Michael also looked at the hallway and found no one. He felt disappointed about that. 

"Don't worry, you will get the ring.", he was cheering her up. 

Riya looked at him. "You really think so."

"Yes. Sometimes you have to believe in miracles. I found a necklace for my mother. I will pay for it while you can admire the ring."

Riya nodded then Michael went to the cashier. Riya was admiring the ring. She could not take her eyes off it. It was too beautiful to let go. She really hoped she would get the kind of money and would buy this ring. Whether it was an engagement ring, she still wanted it because she loved it. She gently took out the ring from her finger then slotted it back on the ring stand. She finished admire the ring. Now she was waiting for Michael.