CHAPTER 20

"You bet we will!" Snotlout announced, standing up. "And now that we have the Dragon-Talker on our team, it will be easier than ever!"

"So, Y/n," Hiccup said, joining you on dangling your feet off the front part of the clubhouse.

"Yeah?" you asked, leaning back but not turning your head from looking at Glacier who was happily playing with other dragons.

You heard him sigh before he answered. "Will things be like old times?"

That made you turn your head to him, looking at his serious and somewhat longing face. "How old times do you mean?"

"The oldest," he chuckled, "before the dragon training and before either of us had any duties."

You smiled a bit. "Those really were good times. Do you remember how we met?"

He laughed lightly. "Yeah! We met because of how stupid you can be!"

"Hey!" you said with mock offense, hitting his shoulder. But then you shrugged. "You're not wrong though. But that was so embarrassing."

"I can imagine," he chuckled. "I couldn't imagine just... walking into the wrong house like that!"

"Come on!" you groaned. "I was 4, alright! I just mixed houses up! Besides, I was crying and couldn't see well!"

"Hm," he hummed. "I never asked you why you were crying that day in the first place."

You sighed. "I heard Mom and Dad argue for the first time back then... I was scared and when I went to ask, Dad accidentally hit me," you chuckled sadly at the memory. "Of course, I thought that it was my fault and I ran away from the cliff we were having a picnic on. I don't think we ever went back there again."

"Oh," Hiccup understood, "I'm sorry I asked."

"It's fine," you smiled. "It's times like those that we have to learn from."

"You know," Hiccup grinned, "you can be pretty wise sometimes."

"Are you hinting that I'm stupid the other times?" you laughed, playfully hitting him again.

"No, no!" he laughed. "You're just a bit childish."

"Aww, come on, Hiccup!" you groaned. "That's not fair!"