CHAPTER 19

You nodded with a yawn and Glacier got you inside the clubhouse where you fell asleep with a safe feeling for the first time in a while.

It was dawn when you woke up to Glacier moving underneath you. “Sorry if I woke you,” she apologized.

“It’s fine,” you said quietly, not to wear out your vocal chords after not using them for who knows how long. “Where are the others?”

Glacier smiled softly, walking outside, you on her back since you weren’t sure if you would even be capable of standing by yourself. “After we were all good again, they made themselves at home on the isle. They really like it here, you know?”

“Is that so?” you asked, falling into thought. “You know what, maybe we’ll be staying here from now on. If Hiccup’s okay with that, of course.”

“It’s more than okay, Y/n!” Hiccup’s voice chimed in. “I wouldn’t let you leave again anyway after what happened.”

“Good morning,” you greeted quietly before smiling awkwardly. “And sorry I went away the last time, I guess I wasn’t just ready to be accepted.”

“It’s fine, I get it,” Hiccup said. “Now would you like some breakfast? You seem like you would be hungry.”

Suddenly, you could feel how empty your stomach was and you smiled. “That would be nice, actually.”

“Well then,” he beamed, going to the clubhouse. “Come on in.”

Without you having to tell Glacier, she walked inside. Hiccup put some food on the table. It looked like he was laying the table for the whole gang plus you.

“Oh,” he chuckled, seeing your stare. “It’s my turn to prepare breakfast for everyone. We eat whenever but the one whose turn it is has to prepare before and clean up after.”

“It’s a nice system,” you grinned. “Is it okay if I…?” you trailed off, looking at the food.

“Yeah, of course! I’ll eat with you,” he chuckled, pulling out a chair for you. Glacier lowered her back, letting you slide off of it. Your legs gave up under you but Glacier already expected that so she caught you and helped you to the table.

“I feel like a newborn,” you laughed, biting into the bread.

Hiccup looked at you with concern. “How’d they treat you on the ship? Sorry to bring it up but you’re way weaker than you should be.”

“Kept me alive. Barely. Dagur’s words, not mine. Still true though,” you explained.

“And what’s up with your voice? I remember you being all brave, loud and sarcastic,” you heard Snotlout comment before sitting opposite you.

“Snotlout!” Hiccup scolded, giving him a glare.

“It’s fine, Hiccup,” you assured. “Actually, I just haven’t talked in a long while. It was better to keep my mouth shut on the ship.”

You saw Hiccup’s brows furrow with concern before Astrid chimed in. “But do you maybe have some information we could use? Any attack plans?”

“No, sorry,” you furrowed your brows. “Big plans aren’t usually made in prison, are they?” you laughed in the end but made sure it didn’t turn into a coughing fit.

“No, they aren’t,” Astrid also laughed.

“So what have you guys been up to? What’s with all the flying Vikings?” It was your turn to be curious.

“Well, I trained new dragon riders so we could have back up if needed,” Astrid informed.

“That’s smart,” you nodded. “What are you guys gonna do now that Dagur knows about this place?”

“We’ll fight back and defend our home,” Hiccup said certainly. 

“You bet we will!” Snotlout announced, standing up. “And now that we have the Dragon-Talker on our team, it will be easier than ever!”