CHAPTER 2

A few moments later, you heard wings flapping and patted Glacier on the neck. "They're gone now. Let's head back to Lonebreeze."

It had been a few weeks since you overheard the conversation and something had happened. And it had made you very anxious, nervous, curious and excited at the same time. Hence, you were pacing back and forth in front of your cave, not taking your eyes off the ground for a single second.

"What's with her? She's been like that all day," Leaf whispered to Dalfon.

"I have no idea," Dalfon whispered back.

"I have had enough of this," Glacier growled and put her tail in front of you, making you trip.

"Hey!" you called. "Why'd you do that?!"

"Well, we're interested," Glacier started with a roll of her eyes. "What is the thing that's keeping you that deep in your thoughts?"

"Well," you muttered. "I want to know what are Hiccup and his friends doing outside of the archipelago. I mean, it's pretty normal for us to go in and out of it but I don't think any of the other Berkians have been out of it before."

"Then let's go!" Glacier chirped, coming in front of you.

"Go?! Are you nuts, Glacier?!"

"Not at all. But I might go nuts if I have to see you pacing back and forth for another minute."

You sighed. "But if we get caught-"

"We won't, I promise," she said.

***

"Where could they be?" you muttered. You and Glacier had been flying for over an hour now and every island near Lonebreeze was already searched.

"Maybe that big island over there?" Glacier asked, nodding ahead.

"Maybe," you shrugged. "But why'd they need anything that big? It's five times the size of Lonebreeze."

"Well, there are five of them plus their dragons," Glacier remarked.

"That's fair," you shrugged. "Let's go check it out."

***

"Woah," you gasped, overlooking the island, "that's pretty cool."

"Yeah," Glacier nodded. As you continued, peacefully gliding, Glacier suddenly turned around at full speed.

"We've been spotted," she warned, speeding away as fast as she could.

Looking behind you, you saw a Nadder follow you.

"Hide, Glacier," you whispered to her, pressing yourself against her back. She quickly went to an island in a cave you guys had found days before. After a few minutes, you two came out of the cave and started flying back to Lonebreeze. You sighed. "That was close."