Twenty six

It's soon college again which is why Peyton and Cole are sat together at their usual table for lunch, but without Milo. Milo had been suspended from college for a week after getting caught spraying graffiti all over the bathroom walls in every boy's toilets. A teacher caught him red handed, literally, whole hand covered in red spray as he held a can spraying the last wall.

Lots of people in the college took photos of the pictures Milo drew and posted it to social media. Some even dared to post it to the college website to make fun of the school when their website states a 'neat and tidy environment to work in so you students can study hard'.

Peyton sat on one side of the table chomping away on his carrots from his lunch box while Cole sat opposite him, thinking that he looks like a little rabbit. Just nibbling away at carrots which he finds adorable, he can't even take his eyes off of him even when he feels someone looking their way.

Peyton can feel it too so he turns round and notices Erica, he stops eating his food as he stares back at her wondering what she wants. Is she thinking about Cole and how she wants to be friends again since he said they can't be.

He furrows his brows at her wanting to know why she's staring but he's surprised when she gives him a light smile. It doesn't seem mean to him but then again he's mostly always wrong about social queues and expressions.

Before he can get too in his head about it Cole is stealing his attention away, "what you looking at?" He questions but Peyton just shakes his head and goes back to chomping a carrot. He hears a small chuckle which causes his eyes to drift up and meet grey.

"You look like a rabbit when you do that" he chuckles again but Peyton just shrugs and finishes it, "you know you surprisingly remind me of a rabbit quite allot, if you were an animal you'd probably be a cute little bunny" he chuckles again and grabs his bag as an alarm on his phone goes of stating his next class is about to start.

He's still using the alarms Peyton made for him to know when to get to class so he isn't late. He was threatened so many times before he met the boy that he would be kicked from his course as his attendance was too low.

But now he attends classes everyday- on time. He now has a reason to actually go to college, that reason being Peyton.

They stand up and leave to get to class, "actually I wouldn't, I'd be a fox or a wolf. Specifically a eurasian wolf because they have only 6-8 year lifespan and I wouldn't want to live so long as an animal because they hunt other animals. And as for the fox I wouldn't know which one I'd like to be because I have allot of favourites so it'shard to choose."

Cole looks shocked at Peyton, eyes a little more wider and his mouth slighted open as he stares down at the smaller boy. He knew he liked- loved animals but he didn't know he was that fixated on them that he literally knew every type of each animal.

He just shakes his head to snap out of it and walks into the building with Peyton besides him, kinda proud of how smart he is and surprised that he didn't know the boy was that smart.

They stop near the lockers as Peyton retrieves his books, they don't have the same next lesson but they have it at the same time. And Cole wants to wait for him like he always used to do so there he is, stood besides the boy.

He stands close to the boy as he stares out into the crowd of people, it almost seems like he's his bodyguard with the way he's presented. Arms crossed, chest puffed out and his eyes squinted as he looks at everyone else.

He supposes he's doing it on purpose, looking like his guard dog or something since not long ago people were laughing right at him. He hates that. Hates that people can be so mean for no reason, especially to someone as sweet as Peyton.