Three

He sits alone in his English classroom waiting for the teacher to enter and the seats to fill up by students, his hoodie is pulled up, has been pulled up since last night when he got cornered.

His brother wasn't home when he came back so he didn't see his brother's face, it's not too bad but noticeable. A big cut sliced along the top of his cheekbone- closer to his eye, he had a brownish bruise forming along his jaw and his cheek is still somehow red.

He hates that guy for wearing rings.

The teacher comes, "oh hello there, I didn't think anyone enjoyed this class that much to show up so early" she jokes setting her bag and cup of (probably) coffee down on her cluttered desk.

Peyton would have laughed along with her but he's too busy sulking about his messed up face, he's scared waiting for his brother to notice.

"Okay, not that funny- noted." Peyton looks up to the teacher and she stops rummaging her papers around in her desk, "sweetie what happened to your face?" She questions in a sweet calming voice.

But right then a swarm of students comes flooding in and she greets everyone, she then looks back to Peyton with a smile and nods to him.

"Okay class settle down, books out, pens in hands, attention this way."

Once class finished the teacher called him to stay but he didn't want to, instead he rushed out the class blending in with all the other students who were so eagerly trying to escape the classroom.

He finally pushed passed everyone and walked quickly down the hallway but ended up falling on his arse. He huffs and looks up to what made him fall but his eyes widen as he sees Cole.

"Oh, sorry" the taller holds out his hand which Peyton accepts and pulls him to his feet, "Peyton is it?" He questions and Peyton nods his head slightly, his eyes are trained to the ground making his hoodie hang down covering his face more.

He can still see the other's feet so he knows he hasn't left yet, then all of a sudden his hood is pulled back of his head. He hears a gasp and looks up to see eyes inspecting all over his face, Cole lifts his hand and traces over the bruises placed on his jaw then hovers over the cut and scrunches his face up.

"Ouch looks like it hurts." Yup. "How'd it happened?" Peyton shrugs his shoulder but tells him nether the less, he doesn't like to lie and like his brother says- he's brutally honest.

"The guy you were fighting yesterday saw me in an alleyway and punched me because he thought I betted against him." Cole's hand comes to a stop and his arm drops to his side, he furrows his brows.

"Oh, sorry dude." He shrugs and Peyton slowly nods eyeing the taller boy. "Okay" he tells him in sort of a loud voice making Cole's eyes widen for a spilt second from shock. Or deafness.

"Okay well I'm gonno go" Cole goes to walk away but turns around with a set smirk on his face, "oh and don't forget to catch the bus at 5." And he's off.

*****

Petyon stepped through his rusty door of his house and threw his bag on the floor like his usual routine but wrinkles formed on his forehead when he didn't get a scold from his brother.

He isn't a work today and he didn't say he was out so he looks up playing with his fingers and spots movement on the couch. He waddles closer and spots his brother- underneath a girl.

The wrinkles deepen and his head tilts to the side, "hello" he speaks causing his brother to shoot up and the whore to fall to the floor, no that's not nice he doesn't know her, he can't assume she is a slut.