Six

"Are you sure you want to go?" Kai questions his brother at the door of their house, he looks concerned and slightly worried. But Peyton just smiles and nods enthusiastically.

"Yeah! He invited me around and I want to spend time with my new friend." He jumps up and down, Cole and him exchanged numbers in school one day and now that its the weekend, the older boy invited the younger one to his house.

Of course kai was still wairy- being the good brother that he is, he has to be protective over Peyton and think about his wellbeing before his happiness.

"Now i know you're excited but are you sure its a good idea, you haven't known him for long" he raises his eyebrows at his brother who stops jumping and tilts his head, clearly confused. "But you haven't known most girls long yet you still bring them back here, and sleep with them! I wouldn't be doing that."

Kai knows what he's doing, Peyton is basically calling him a hypocrite right to his face- which is fair. His face is set in a scowl, "yes but I'm not dumb and trust everyone, and I have my own car to get me out of places" Peyton looks annoyed now, he glanced out the window seeing Cole patiently wait on his bike for him.

He stomps his feet, "can I go now?" He drawls out the ending and kai pinches the bridge of his nose looking outside, the boy does look like trouble. With a motorbike and leather jacket- also he's eighteen.

Which isn't so bad because its not a big age gap but still, this is his brother. But making friends with someone older could cause you trouble.

He sighs, "fine go," Peyton is already rushing out the door with a huge grin on his face, "but remember to keep in contact okay, text me if somethings wrong and if you need to come ho-" he cuts of his rant to his brother seeing him already hopping on the bike in the distance.

He waves a dismissive hand going back in the house, "who am I kidding" he shuts the door knowing Peyton didn't listen to a word he just said. So instead he messages him it, what? Sue him for being a good brother and looking out for him.

Once they arrive to Cole's house- well mansion. They hop of the bike walking down the path and enter through the door, "my parents aren't home" they toe of their shoes by the welcome mat.

"Why?"

They head in the kitchen first, Cole turns around to the curly haired boy. "Because they're never here, always out" Peyton scrunches his eyebrows up, he can see that Cole's face changes. Maybe he's sad? "Oh... well I'm here now!" Cole laughs at that and opens the fridge.

"That you are. Do you want a drink?" he takes out  apple juice when Peyton points to the carton and proceeds to pour two cups, then handing one over to Peyton who sips it while he puts the juice back in the fridge.

"Common" he nods and walks up the stairs with Peyton slowly behind, drinking his drink and being careful not to spill a single drop on the expensive looking carpet.

They go to his room and both sit on the comfy double bed, Peyton likes the feel of it because its so soft- reminds him of a cat's fur. Sometimes his clothes feel too scratchy and he hates it against his skin and can't think of anything other than that the whole day.

He wishes the material from Cole's bed could be the material for all his clothes, smiling at his own thoughts he puts down his drink of juice on the bedside table, leaning over Cole.

Cole looks down at the boy and takes in his appearance, his olive skin and deep brown eyes that glows in the sun. They haven't known each other that long- maybe a month by now, but Cole already feels something for the boy.

He can't quite pin what it is, maybe he admires him. For being so unique and doing his own thing, not caring about others. The other day in school someone laughed at him in class for telling an animal fact when he got called up.