Fifteen

"Hey Pey, I was just wondering... if you maybe want to..."

"Hey, Peyton. I was just thinking, if you maybe want to-"

"Peyton, yo!"

"Hey penny- penny, who the fuck says penny?"

"Oi Peyton, you will go out with me."

"No, too cruel."

Currently Cole is having a crisis, if you couldn't already tell. He wants to ask Peyton out but he's way to nervous, why wouldn't he be nervous? Peyton is amazing, he's smart, talented, kind, beautiful and so much more.

And here Cole is, an awkward word stumbling mess.

He can't even get a sentence out, granted it was only to his mirror but still. He's practising what to say, if he is going to actually say anything at all. He hates that Peyton makes him feel like this, this weak pathetic mess.

Peyton clearly is his Kryptonite.

"No Cole, don't be a nerd right now" he scolds himself in the mirror as he looks in closer detail at his skin. He tuts at a new coming pimple on his right cheek, of course that would happen. Right before asking Peyton out on a date.

It's bonfire night tomorrow so he decided he would take Peyton out to the fair that's coming to town. There's small rollercoasters, a ferris wheel, stalls to get food and the main event; fireworks.

He saw it advertise on a poster the other day in college and thought that it would be a nice special first date.

The only problem now is actually asking the other boy out.

"Peyton, date, tomorrow. You me, fireworks" he finger guns at his reflection as his face morphs into huge smirk and what he calls 'fuck boy' eyes. Though he just looks like he's constipated but whatever works.

He shakes his head and drops his hands, "don't act like a jerk" rolling his eyes at himself he flops down onto his bed with his face smushed into the pillow. A pillow that smells like Peyton from when he slept in Cole's bed, he groans at that. Why is the boy always on his mind, haunting his every thought and dream.

Maybe a little harder pressure on the pillow and he might suffocate so he doesn't have to think of a way to ask the boy he likes out-

"Cole!"

His morbid thoughts are cut short when he hears his mother's squeal echo through his room. He huffs but sits up, looking at his mother in her stern eyes.

"Yes mother dearest?" He questions with a fake sweet voice and gives a smile for extra effect of playing the perfect son.

She huffs and crosses her slender arms, seeing right past his act. "Cole, your 'friend' left this" she throws a small ball to him which he catches with fast reflects. Because he is so athletic, super. Super duper. I'm so cool.

"Wait, why did you say friend like you just did?" He looks up with scrunched brows as he finally caught on to what his mother had said. 'Friend' hm, it was like she didn't quite believe they were only just friends...

"Because you clearly aren't just 'friends' sweetheart, I'm absent, not blind" she gives him a look, like he's totally dumb and oblivious.

Though he can agree on the 'absent' part as she's never home, it's nice to know she's self aware.

Cole's eyes widen and he shoots up, "excuse you, we are- how do you know?" He gives up his act straight away because really, what's the point? Mothers know best. And it's not like she gives a shit, although his parents are never really around they are decent (ish) human beings and don't judge someone from who they chose as a partner.