Two

The next time Peyton sees Cole is at school, yes that's right they go to the same college. He sees him talking with a guy as he puts all his books away in his locker. He closes it carefully to not make noise and reaches into his pocket for his timetable- after taking it out he reads his classes and memorises them in his head.

He looks up as he feels a gaze on him and there Cole is staring him down, the other boy is gone and it's just him with his arms crossed leaning on the metal lockers from across the hall. He seems to have no emotion on his face and his eyes look dead cold- of course Peyton wouldn't know how to read his emotions anyway, or anyone for that matter.

He puts his timetable away still staring at the stranger who gave him a lift last week, he hasn't even noticed Cole went here as he's only been attending this school for about two months now.

Cole looks to his toes up to his head and down again, making Peyton uncomfortable. Why did he do that? Is there something wrong with his outfit, he's only wearing ripped trousers and a white top with a grey hoodie over it. His hair was a wreck this morning so his brother- kai, put it neatly into a black beanie. There's still curls of light brown sticking out.

Then the darker haired lad walks away down the corridor with Peyton still staring after him.

"Hey, new kid" a teacher calls, clicking his fingers at Peyton. He's sat near the back in his animal management class and he hasn't yet taken his eyes off of Cole, yup. He's here in this class, sitting a couple seats and a row away from him. Peyton doesn't know why he just wants to stare at him but something about the boy intrigues him, maybe he is just grateful the boy was kind enough to take him home last week.

He quickly turns his head to the teacher as he sees Cole about to turn his head in his direction, he just stares at the teacher blankly. "Are you paying attention?" The strict looking teacher questions with a raise of his grey eyebrow, Peyton Doesn't know what to say- he doesn't like to lie.

"No" he murmurs playing with his fingers under the desk, he hears the class laugh quietly and he doesn't know if that's a good thing or bad- are they laughing with him or against.

The teacher scoffs rolling his eyes, "well pay attention" he speaks loudly making Peyton wrinkle his forehead, he told the truth- why is this grumpy man so mad?

The teacher goes back to writing on the whiteboard so Peyton resumes what he was doing before he got interupted, he looks over at Cole but is surprised to see him already staring at him. Although he doesn't allow it to show on his face.

He just raises both his brows as Cole nods to him before going back to talking to the guy sat next to him, Peyton snaps out of it and finanly write down notes the teacher says.

*****

After school finished he caught the bus home and is currently walking through the front door, he didn't see the mysterious boy again after English. Well not properly, he saw him with a few friends at lunch but Peyton quickly scrambled off to the library, where he spent all his lunches as he still has made no friends.

"Hey bud" his brother calls as soon as he drops his bag off by the door, which earns him a disapproving look from Kai. He smiles seeing his brother sat on the couch with a beer in hand watching TV, so he runs up to him and throws himself next to him.

Kai reaches out and tugs the beanie off to ruffle his hair, "we need to get you a hair cut monkey" Peyton laughs at the nickname they used since they were kids.