Nine

"Come on Peyton, we're going to miss it!" Kai called from downstairs, Peyton just rolled his eyes and grabbed his phone from his desk. "Wait!" He bellowed and checked the mirror again, looking over his appearance- though he's never cared about it before. Today was special.

Today the month is August, the month Peyton Saint was born.

He adjusts his 'birthday boy' badge that pins to his white shirt, then ruffles around his curls and when he's finally happy he opens the door to his room. "Peyton, get your tiny ass down here right now- oh, hey Peyton" Peyton shakes his head with an amused smile and jumps down the last step.

"When are we going?" He questions and looks to the clock hung on the cracked painted walls, he bounces up and down excitedly- as if he can make the time go faster.

Kai just looks at him with a deadpanned expression, "literally now, that's why I called you down. Now come on, hurry up and get in the car before we miss the movie" Kai pushes him out of the door while locking it behind them, Peyton rushes to the rusty old car swinging the door open and hopping in the seat.

He pulls on his seat belt as his legs shake up and down, he's very fidgety but he normally is when he's excited. Kai just shakes his head and shuts the door which Peyton totally neglected to do.

Getting in the car in his side, putting on his own seat belt and starting the engine off. "Oh my god, hurry up! I don't want to be late!" Peyton whines as he shakes his brother's arm who just scoffs.

"Excuse you? You were the one who decided to haul up in your room for so long when it time to go." He scowls at his younger brother but nether the less begins to drive down the empty street.

"Did you know, baby elephants suck their trunks for comfort"  Peyton informs kai after an overly long ten minute car ride to the cinema.

He's been so excited because they are going to watch a movie Peyton had wanted for a while now- of course about animals. He's seen the trailer for it a while back and decided this will be the movie to watch on his 17th birthday.

Considering they don't have much money to spare, they don't go to the movies an awful lot nor could they do anything more for his birthday. With limited funds and all.

They leave the car and walk into the grand building, "and did you know, lynxes have big feet so they can run in deep snow. Oh! And only the male peacocks are called peacocks. The females are called peahens!"

Kai snorts as they wait in line to be served, "heh, cocks" he feels a sharp jab to his ribs making him slightly gasp, he looks down to see his brother giving him and unmused look but soon is being asked what movie they'd like to see by one of the bored looking workers.

After buying their tickets, drinks and snacks (which they never normally do because again, budget) they go into cinema 3 and walk down all the Isles until arriving at D. The flash light on Kai's phone shows the seat numbers and once they find theirs, they sit down.

Peyton wearing a huge grin whilst stuffing his face of sugary sweets and Kai smiling at his little brother being happy for his birthday. He has more planned out later that Peyton doesn't know about, but for now he is just letting the boy enjoy his animal movie.

A while later, the nearly two hour film has finished, they enjoyed it. Ovbiously more Peyton than Kai, but Kai enjoyed Peyton being happy and excited to finally get to watch a movie he wanted for so long. Not to mention how long its been since they've been to the cinema.

They devoured their skittles and salty flavoured popcorn, they drained every last drop of their tango ice blasts and they enjoyed the whole experience. Peyton did comment every couple of minutes a new animal fact that popped into his brain;