Chapter 5

Ring!

The bell rings and the class is now over. I reach over and put my English textbook in my bag and then do the same with my notebook, but it falls on the floor. Before I can grab it, someone gets it for me and holds it out for me to take. I look up to see Zayn holding my notebook. I freeze when our eyes lock together.

"Here you go" he said. I grabbed my notebook from him and smiled. But when my fingers touched his hand my hand felt like electricity went through it. I blushed and looked down. His eyes widened slightly when our hands touched and he quickly pulled his hand away and stuffed it in his pocket.

"Thanks" I told him.

"Um, yeah" he replied quietly while looking down. Maybe he felt it to. I placed my notebook in my bag then stood up and walked to the door. Zayn beat me to the door and held it open for me. I thanked him and we walked out of the room together. We heard someone clear their throat when we walked out the door and turned around to see Sara standing with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Sara what are you doing here?" Zayn asked her. She glared at me then looked at Zayn.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to see you" she said walking closer to Zayn and placing her hands on his chest. She slowly moved her hands up his chest and wrapped her arms around his neck. She looked over at me and smirked before roughly crashing her lips to his and pushing his face closer to hers. Zayn seemed shocked at first but soon recovered and kissed her back, placing his hands on her waist. Their kiss looked more like a battle then a kiss though. Sara was clearly trying to prove a point. She wanted me to know that Zayn was hers. And believe me, I understand that perfectly.

After their long, disgusting kiss they pulled away from each other, deciding that they needed air. Sara then turned toward me and smirked, letting me know that that kiss was meant to prove her point that she silently told me.

"What are you still doing here?" Sara rudely asked me.

"Uh, I-" I stuttered trying to find the right words to say.

"Don't talk to her like that," Zayn said to Sara, sounding angry.

"Why not?" she asked him.

"Because I said not to."

"Why do you care?" she snapped.

"That's none of your concern," he replied getting angrier by the second. He clenched his jaw and his eyes darkened as he glared at Sara. I was kind of scared actually so I slowly backed away. Sara didn't seem to care about how angry Zayn was becoming, so she kept pushing for an answer.

Zayn looked at me and his eyes softened, probably seeing that I was scared a little bit.

It would probably be best if I left now. I don't want Zayn getting angrier then he already is and I don't want to cause a scene.

"Um, It's fine Zayn, I was leaving anyway" I said to him. He opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it. He just gave me a small nod. It looked like he wanted to say something else, but I didn't say anything as I walked down the hall and toward my locker. I felt his eyes on me as I walked down the hall, but when I turned a corner I didn't feel like I was being watched anymore.

***

I was now in the cafeteria eating my lunch with the rest of the group. They were all talking while I quietly ate.

After that incident in the hallway this morning I couldn't stop thinking about Zayn. I didn't learn anything in my classes after that because I couldn't stop thinking of him. I just couldn't get my mind off of the fact that Zayn stood up for me. Against his girlfriend. He didn't have to do that, and I don't want him to think that he did. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that he did what he did for me, but he didn't have to.