Valentine's Day Special

*Vera's P.O.V*

I was walking back to class from my lunch break when something caught my eye. Sighing I picked up my pace and walked before the bell rang. Today wasn't my favourite holiday. Valentines Day... Why Valentines Day?

I'm always alone. D'Artagnan is usually at some school function, while Alexander is in Tokyo for the rest of the semester. To top it all off nobody not even D'art asked to be my Valentine, like he always does. Well the not getting Valentines from other boys is normal, but D'art?

As I walked into class all the students quieted down, as I shyly walked over to my seat next to the window. It's always this... I always get picked on, I'm always alone, I'm always made the butt of all jokes and I'm the one nobody planned on having. My life sucks, heck even my teachers hate me. They're always like, Vera do this, Why are you always late for class, See students this is an example of what not to do in school. I'm sick of it.

My dads aren't any better they completely forget about me and can't even manage a proper 'I'm Sorry'. And that's all because of their team. Of course Raimon comes first and not your daughter who's school is literally out of town. Why does Isaac get to stay with them, but I don't? After my train of thought the bell rang and our teacher came in.

*Time skip to after school*

I was waiting for D'art for 30 minutes by the gate and just my luck it started raining. I couldn't wait any longer and just ran 154 km home, because I forgot my umbrella. While unlocking the front door I was greeted by silence. Letting out a sigh I walked upstairs and to my bedroom, got changed and went done for a snack.

*3rd Person*

Once she got down to the kitchen, Vera's steps came to a halt. There was a note on the kitchen counter and it read,

Dear Vera,

We won't be back home before dinner, so make sure you prepare dinner for yourself. Don't bother waiting, we'll be out with Alex and the gang for Isaac's play. We're very sorry.

Hugs and kisses,
Dads

'Why? Why, why, why, why, why!? Why me huh!? Huh!?' Vera thought wiping her tears and throwing the note away.

"They do this every five minutes... Don't know why I'm so shocked... Uncle why'd you leave... You were my only safe haven..." She said quietly. Vera knew she couldn't cry forever, so she didn't make dinner, not like she ate either way, did her homework and went straight to bed.

When her parents eventually got home. They were surprised to see she hadn't prepared anything. So like the nosy father he is, Nathan went up, but stopped when he saw Vera peacefully sleeping.

"What's wrong Nath?" Mark asked his husband worriedly.

"Is she sick?" Nathan simply shrugged knowing that there was nothing they could do.

"Let's just give her space... She might be sick, so I'll call the school tomorrow and inform them," Nathan answered and Mark seemed happy with the answer. The next day Vera woke up with a humongous headache and little to no energy. She didn't go to school for a week, but even when she went back... Nothing changed. (D'Artagnan never visited her once)

____________________________________

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Hope you guys enjoyed.

Do you think Mark and Nathan were right in their way of parenting? Why don't the teachers do something about the bullying? What happened between Vera and D'Artagnan's relationship?  Where are her other relatives?