32. Friendship

Shane's eyes were sunken and red. It wasn't surprising as Shane had cried himself to sleep long after Jeremy slept. He made sure that Jeremy wouldn't see him but he hadn't anticipated the signs and now Jeremy was going to see them.

Clearly, Shane had issues to deal with and he was aware of that. He simply wanted to be able to forget about those issues, at least for the time being.

It was going to be slightly difficult however given that it was Monday and he was currently getting ready for school he got into the bower and finished up quickly with the intention of keeping himself busy to avoid his thoughts. When he got out of the shower and into the bedroom, Jeremy was already fully dressed in a dark red cardigan, a pair of black jeans, and white sneakers. He held up Shane's phone, waving.

"Your sister called. I didn't answer," said Jeremy. Shane nodded.

"Thanks. I'll call her back," he said as he put on a white T-shirt and took his phone from the tall boy, quickly dialing Taylor's number.

"Hi! What's up?" Shane greeted as soon as Taylor answered the call.

"Not much," she mumbled. "How are you? You didn't call when you said you would."

"Oh... I'm sorry. I got busy but I'm okay. What about you? Is everything okay at home?"

Shane heard his sister sigh on the other end of their call. "Yeah... but uh... Dad wants to know why you slept out all weekend. You're coming home tonight, right?"

"Yeah, I will."

"Great. Maybe bring him along?" Taylor suggested and Shane sighed. It was about time Jeremy met his sister, he knew that. But was today the right day to do it?

"I'll think about it," Shane said.

"Okay... well, if not at the house, can I meet him sometime then?" Taylor then asked in a small voice that almost broke Shane's heart. She was trying, he could tell. Now that she was in his good graces again, she wanted to be closer to her brother.

"Of course," he smiled as his eyes met Jeremy's. "I'll let him know."

"Thanks. See you."

Shane smiled widely as he hang up, glad that his relationship with his sister was going back to how it was before the drugs tore them apart. "My sister wants to meet you."

"Oh." Jeremy looked pleasantly surprised. "Wow, I... I'd love to. Is that okay?"

"Of course, it is," Shane stated instantly. He quickly put on a shirt and went to kiss Jeremy softly on the lips. "I'd love for you to meet her, and afterward, maybe my parents."

Jeremy smiled at that and pressed his lips to Shane's, kissing him again and absolutely basking in the pleasure that those soft lips gave him.

***

There were quite a number of students at school when Shane and Jeremy arrived but they were not enough to pay any attention to the two boys. Seeing that, Shane leaned against the door of the driver's seat and wrapped his arms around Jeremy's neck, pulling him down for a kiss. Jeremy's hands found Shane's waist, squeezing them and pressing himself against him. Their lips molded in sync, their kiss light and soft but still so full of their never-fading passion.

It was the first time they had kissed in public, and for Shane, it was refreshing. Being able to touch, hold, and kiss his boyfriend in public is breathtaking, literally. And it's quite the same for Jeremy.

The tall boy had not felt this much liberation in doing something he loved with the person he was in love with! The fact that he could now call Shane his and only his gave him a new meaning to life, in a way.