11. Unsaid

"These are like hotel-quality robes," said Shane in awe as he held the white robes Jeremy gave him to his nose. They smelled of lavender, which was one of Shane's favorite scents. After both boys had agreed that Shane was going to sleep over, the brown-eyed boy had asked to take a shower and was now standing in Jeremy's bathroom as Jeremy set everything up for him.

"Eh... they're just normal," the tall boy shrugged, not knowing what Shane meant by hotel quality.

"It's so soft though," Shane stated, rubbing the white robe. Jeremy just chuckled at his words as he checked the temperature of the water.

"Okay, this is fine now. I'll leave you something to wear on the bed," he said and went to leave the bathroom but stopped when Shane grabbed his hand. Shane reached up and kissed the taller boy softly.

"Thanks for letting me sleep over," he whispered and Jeremy smirked.

"It's no problem," he said and left the brown-haired boy to his business. The sleepover was more for him than anything, if Jeremy was being honest to himself. He knew it was selfish to even think like that but spending as much time as he could with Shane was all Jeremy cared about. As Shane showered, Jeremy went back to his kitchen to prepare hot cocoa for the boy. Before he could start on it, his phone rang with a video call from Damon.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked with a smile which made his friend pause.

"What's going on?" Damon narrowed his eyes at Jeremy. Why was his friend so damn happy in the middle of the night?

"What?" chuckled Jeremy.

"You look... happy," Damon pointed out, only because he had not seen his best friend so genuinely happy, smiling so much that his eyes crinkled. It was a wonderful sight.

"Huh," Jeremy said, losing his smile a bit but it immediately came back when Shane walked out of his bedroom in the robe he had given him and drying his hair with a towel.

"Did I take too long?" Shane asked and Jeremy blushed. His best friend had heard the boy.

"Holy shit! He's there?" Damon whisper-shouted and Shane's eyes widened. "I'll call you later, bye!" Jeremy immediately ended the call and looked at Shane, blushing fiercely. Shane stood in the middle of the living room with his arms crossed and leaning on his leg. A smile played at the corners of his lips as he watched a blushing Jeremy who looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him.

"So, who was that?" asked Shane with a smirk.

Jeremy pressed his lips together, closing his eyes and smiling as blush coated his face. he could not believe that Shane had heard Damon speak about him. It wasn't the most embarrassing thing to have happened to him but it was close.

"That... that was Damon," he said as he opened his eyes to see Shane walking towards him. The boy rested his chin in his hands and smiled brightly, waiting for Jeremy to continue. "My best friend."

"Oh... and how does he know I'm here?"

Jeremy pressed his lips together, the corners of his lips threatening to turn up into a smile. "I may have mentioned you once or twice," he said shyly and Shane chuckled, although blushing as well.

"And what did you say about me?"

Jeremy smirked. "That you're the sexiest motherfucker alive," he laughed when Shane choked and shook his head.

"Fuck you."

"You'd like that," the two boys laughed. "I gotta take a shower. I'll make you hot cocoa afterward, is that okay?" He asked and Shane nodded.