30. Out

"Do you want to go to the lake with me?" Shane asked later that day. The two boys had stayed in the entire day, discussing what they were going to do now that Shane and Meghan were no more. Shane thought that they didn't have to rush into anything, and simply wanted to spend time with Jeremy without discussing serious issues.

They watched a couple of videos and Jeremy even showed Shane one of Damon's videos. It seemed that Jeremy had decided it was time to introduce Shane to his best friend after all. How he had planned on doing it though was going to anger Damon, and it made Jeremy laugh. He knew that his friend wanted to meet Shane in person but they weren't ready for that just yet.

"Of course," Jeremy immediately agreed. "I almost thought you wouldn't fulfill your promise," he teased Shane, making the boy hit him playfully.

"It was just never the right time," he argued. "Let's get going then."

"Oh... right now?" Jeremy's eyes widened. "We're not taking anything along?"

Shane shook his head as he checked the time on his phone. It was four in the evening already and he knew it would get dark soon so there was really no need to send a lot of items along. They would just spend a couple of hours there until it got dark, watch the fireflies and then come back home.

"No, we can go to Karla's after," he suggested and Jeremy nodded.

The two of them left the apartment together. They didn't take Jeremy's car with them as it was easier to just walk.

Jeremy was in awe when they first reached there. It wasn't like he had never seen a lake before, no... he had never been to the one at Angel Falls. It was quiet, serene, and absolutely beautiful. Much like the boy who stood in front of him with a proud smile on his face.

They sat under a tree, their knees drawn up. Jeremy put his arm around Shane and let the boy rest his head on his shoulder as he scrolled through the twitter app. He didn't care that Shane could see what was on his page. Jeremy felt that he had nothing to hide, especially not from Shane.

"What do you think about me coming out right now?"

Shane frowned and raised a brow at the boy for a moment before putting his head back down. "Right now?"

"Yeah, on twitter... or Instagram. I got an idea before we came here," said Jeremy, the idea already forming in his mind and pushing to become reality.

"Which is?"

He licked his lips and smiled. "A picture, or you and I with a couple of bracelets I bought back in LA," he stated and quickly pulled the two crotchet rainbow bracelets he had bought out of his shirt pocket. "I was gonna give one to you later but now's a good time I think."

Shane smiled as he took the other half of the couples' bracelet from Jeremy. "I think it's really cute," he said, blushing as he wore it. He thought it was nice of Jeremy to get him a gift, and it made his heart flutter knowing that Jeremy was also thinking of him even when he was miles away.

"Do you like it?" The tall boy whispered.

Shane shook his head. "I love it."

It made Jeremy blush, something that didn't happen quite often. And for a moment, Jeremy thought he might go out of his mind but he let the next words flow out of his mouth without protest. "I heard what you said yesterday," he began. "And I do too, Shane."

Shane pulled away slightly as he looked up at Jeremy, his face suddenly serious. "You heard what I said?" He asked, just to make sure that he wasn't dreaming. "You know that I meant it, right? Because I do. I really do Jeremy," he whispered as tears welled in his eyes.