12. F***** Up

Jeremy

He woke up with a headache on Monday. Consequences of not sleeping early and having to wake up at six in the morning we're coming in full force and Jeremy was not quite ready. Maybe he shouldn't have given in to Damon's idea to play games until three at night when he had school the next morning but he just had to deal with it.

As he got ready for school, his phone rang with a call from Damon. He winced, closing his eyes. His head throbbed in pain from the noise of the phone. "What's up?" He asked as he answered the call.

"I'm getting ready for bed," Damon stated and Jeremy frowned as he heard his friend yawn.

"And you're telling me this because?"

Damon chuckled. "Sing me a lullaby dumbass! I just wanna talk to you before I sleep idiot," he said and Jeremy shook his head.

"You're such an idiot," he laughed, rolling his eyes at his friend. "I'm going to school."

"Oh, do you drive your Porsche there?"

"Yeah," Jeremy answered as he rushed to pack his books into his bag. "I'd have to walk otherwise."

"Has anyone talked about it?" Asked Damon, making Jeremy groan. He knew where his friend was heading with that question and he didn't want to even discuss the possibility of someone becoming friends with him for his money. Before he could say anything, Damon spoke. "You haven't mentioned any new friends. What's going on Jer?"

Jeremy sighed inwardly as he closed and locked the door to his apartment, a bit annoyed by Damon's new question. He hadn't gone out of his way to speak to new people and become friends with them. If he was being honest, had Shane not followed him home that day, they wouldn't be where they were now. Jeremy hated how asocial he was, especially when he didn't know anyone in a particular place. But he wasn't going to admit to Damon that the only friends that the only friends he had made were his real estate agent and the boy he had a crush on.

He knew how Damon was, anything out of line and he would be on the next flight to Colorado. Jeremy didn't want to worry him.

"What are you talking about?" He scoffed. "I told you about Shane." He threw his book bag in the passenger seat of the car and then started the drive to school after putting the call on Bluetooth mode so he could use his AirPods.

"Ah yeah, the guy you're totally in love with," his friend scoffed in disbelief and Jeremy blushed.

"I'm not in love with him," Jeremy grumbled. "Did I tell you we kissed?"

"Wait, what?" screamed Damon who was shocked at the news.

"Yeah," Jeremy smiled. "On Friday night, and Saturday too. He slept over. He's so fucking hot, I swear."

"Send me a photo of him."

"Why?"

"I just wanna know what he looks like," Damon stated. "Or I could come there to meet him," he suggested.

"No," Jeremy instantly shut that idea down. "You'll meet but not now. We still haven't stated clearly what we are so I don't wanna rush things and fuck it up," he explained. He had now got to the school and was searching for a place to park his car.

"You don't wanna rush things? Dude, y'all kissed and slept in the same bed already. That's domestic as fuck! And if I didn't know any better, I'd say y'all had sex too."

"Go fuck yourself Damon. We're fine with the way things are," said Jeremy. But even as the words left his lips, he wondered if those words were actually true. Shane hadn't told him if he had broken up with Meghan or not. The boy had not even responded to his messages from the night before and he was scared that Shane had changed his mind about him.