Thirteen

With Lou in one arm and Maya in the other we walk down the stairs. Lou and me in our prom dresses and Maya in her suit. Jayden, Ryan and Tyler look at us. Amazed at how we look. I of course am wearing the emerald green dress. Lou looks amazing in her deep red shiny dress. Maya has a matching blouse and Jayden. Wow. Jayden looks so handsome in his suit, of course Hayley made sure that his tie is matching with my dress. "Wow." "Come let's go!" Hayley steps out of the kitchen in a shorter black dress, Ryan decided to ask her with him. Finally! Jayden puts his arm out for me and I take it. Tyler doesn't have a date so Lou and Maya swooped in and so Tyler has both girls on his arms. Tyler wears a red matching tie and then we all go to the dance. "So when we all want to go back, we can. All our own cars are parked at or around the school somewhere because well, we're mostly all couples and we don't know if we're going to get a private afterparty." "Ryan! My god, are you ever going to stop thinking dirty thoughts?!" Hayley laughs at Jayden and punches him in the arm. Jayden just smiles at me and grabs my waist a little closer to him. We never talked about whatever we would do together after car ride home. The one after the party with our final exams. Our car pulls up into the driveway and we get out of it. "Let us go inside." Jayden holds his arm out and we walk into the school. We're followed by Hayley and Ryan and it ends with Tyler, Lou and Maya.

"Let's dance!" I grab Jayden's hand and take him with me. His hands follow my body's movements and even when he isn't much of a dancer, he can keep up with me. He spins me around. "You know, tonight will be our first night all alone in a house. And we have my dad's place to ourself for the next four days. We could have some fun." I bite my lip and smirk at him with flirty eyes. "Baby, don't do that to me. You know I cannot resist you. Not like that. And especially not in that dress." He smiles at me while grabbing his hand tighter around my waist and holding my hand up so I can step out for another spin. His feet step closer to me again and I step away from him to turn my back on him. He holds me from behind so his hands keep guiding my hips again. Tyler appears in front of me and I put my arms into his arm and around his shoulder. "Where did you come from?" "I was already here but Lou and Maya wanted to dance together so of course, I let them. As the good friend that I am." "So you came to steal my girlfriend away from me?" Jayden laughs at Tyler and I take his hand as well. "We can just dance, all of us together. Right?" "Yeah but I don't think you want to look behind you." I turn around and see Ryan and Hayley have an heated make out session against the wall. "Damn. Okay sis." "I told you don't look!" "Hmm. But I looked either way. Didn't I?" I wink "Don't. Not here Kyra." Jayden whispers in my ear. "What? Does it turn you on?" I whisper it back into his ear. "Hey don't keep me out of this apparently very horny conversation." Tyler gives us a mocking smile with a sparkle in his eye. "Hm. Maybe if you want a threesome?" I stick my tongue out to him. "Kyra, stop talking about sex with other men. I'm right here." Jayden pulls me closer to him by my waist again. "Let's get drinks before we actually do something stupid." "Great idea Ty!" The three of us walk to the bar. Well it isn't much of a bar without alcohol in it.

"You guys already done with dancing?" Ryan and Hayley walk over to us while we're sipping from our drinks. "For now. Those two get tired easily apparently." "Not everyone has dancing skills like you Kyra." Hayley shakes her head while smiling at me. "Hey! I'm just good at everything." "Except for physics. You suck at physics." My head cocks towards Tyler. "So do you Ty. So do you." "That is true. But we won't have physics for at least two months now, so consider yourself lucky." "So should we all. No school for the next two months." "We should celebrate it big time. It will be our last summer before we go different paths and won't be able to hang out every weekend." "Ugh don't remind me." Ryan sighs at the words. "Hey you guys have each other at Michigan. We will have to miss you both and Maya." "What is with me?" Maya and Lou are standing behind us with drinks in their hands. "We are going to have to miss you and won't be able to hang out with you three every weekend or everyday as the summer goes on." "No! I don't want to be reminded of that. It doesn't sound so much fun anymore!" "No! Don't remind me that I'm not going to be able to see my boo every day after the summer. The thought of it already is painful enough. I do not need to be reminded of that. But at least I have the three of you left with me here." I smile at Lou and grab her arm. "Be grateful I still have to go one entire year without all of you in town." "No need to make tonight sad let's just dance and drink and take pictures!" Maya says it with a smile. "Pictures first. So we're done with those!" "Okay Jayden. Pictures first." Ryan responds to him with a smirk and an eyeroll. We hand our phones to a teacher and we start posing as a group and take pictures of each other apart. Mostly dumb looking pictures but fun to take and look back at. Just a group of friends being completely dumbasses. "Come on let's dance!" Maya shouts it aloud and we both start pulling all our friends onto the dancefloor. Boom clap from the fault in our stars comes on and the dancefloor is getting crowded. More slightly nostalgic songs keep getting put on and we all just dance and jump around.

After a lot of party songs a couple slow dance songs come on and I put my hands around Jay's neck. "I wish it could be us like this forever. Young and free without a single thing to worry about." "I know. But tonight is about all of us as friends. Or family. I don't know how to describe our friend group really if I'm being honest." "Yeah, me neither." "But Kyra." "Yeah?" "Tonight can still be about us. Later tonight. If you want." I just kiss him as an answer. "Yes. Yes I do." "Then let's go say our goodbye's and leave alright?" "Hell yeah!" We start searching and hugging our friends goodbye and invite them over for tomorrow night, to complete the road trip plans we'd been making. "See you tomorrow night." "Let's get out of here than honey." I kiss him as an answer and we leave the school.