Chapter 23 ~ Stay Awake

Peter's POV

Peter watches in a daze as Spencer's lowered to the ground. The crazed man leaning in and talking to Spencer in a low voice. However, Peter couldn't really focus on any of it. As much as he wanted to move, and do something, he could barely even focus on thinking about it. 

The woman's walking over to him and checking the wound. He groans as she touches the area around the rebar. "You'll be free in a minute." She promises but before she can get up there's one FBI and one policeman rushing into the room. A gun on each of the two crazies.

The FBI agent is Hotch, and he's glancing at Peter and Spencer repeatedly. The woman whips around and goes to shoot but the police officer shoots her before she can fire. That causes the man to scream and run over to her. He's trying to stop the bleeding, but Peter couldn't hear her heartbeat anymore, she was dead. The man turns to them screaming in anger and suddenly there are two more people coming out from the other door. They both start shooting at them and the police officer goes down. Hotch is able to duck behind the doorway, but Peter vaguely thinks he was hit. The man is stumbling away from the dead woman towards Spencer whose face is scary blank.

However, before they do anything else, the ceiling caves in above the two men. The Iron Man suit breaks through and right after, Captain America is jumping down punching one of the men to the floor. Iron Man shoots the other and suddenly Spencer's got his lavender gun and shoots Hughes

Everything's still for a second before it erupts into chaos. Tony's suit melts away and he kneels next to Peter, Steve on his other side. Peter tries for a smile but as his mouth opens, blood drips down from his mouth. He can sense their panic and Spencer's words rung in his head. "I'm here now, I've got you. Got you, got you, got you."... "It's going to be okay." He wanted to tell them those words, repeat them until they're believed.

Instead, Tony's gauntlet is back on, and more people are rushing in. Morgan, JJ, Rossi, and Kate all filing into the room. They all rush towards Spencer before seeing Peter. A flash of horror passes across from their faces and Peter wonders if he should smile again. He doubts it. His vision whitens when Steve straightens the bar the rest of the way. A whimper passes his lips, his voice rough. Tony glares at Steve for a second. "Peter?" Tony asks and he blinks up at him. "I'm going to cut the rebar so we can slide you off. However, you have to stay awake. I know it's going to hurt, so you can hold onto Steve as hard as you want and scream if you want. But you have to stay awake no matter what. Can you do that for me?"

He blinks trying to understand, and slowly he gives the two a thumbs up. Steve gives him a tight smile and holds him in place as Tony uses the gauntlet to cut through the rebar. It clangs to the ground and get's everyone's attention. "Won't he bleed out if we remove it?" Kate asks gently from off to the side. Tony looks over at her and shakes his head.

"Normally someone would, but we have high tech machinery to help him out." Tony lies and Peter lets out a wet laugh.

He tastes blood and feels it run out of his mouth. "Da-?" He chokes out, eyes over on Spencer that's being helped up by Hotch and Morgan.

Except no one answers him, and he hears Tony start to count down from 5. Steve pulls him away from the wall at zero and Peter screams. His vision goes white, but he tries his best not to faint. "Peter?" Tony's asking and he gives a weak thumbs up.

Steve picks him up, bridal style, as Tony gets into the suit. As soon as he's in the suit he takes Peter from him and flies out of the hole he made in the ceiling. The wind whips through his hair for a second before suddenly their touching down. Peter blinks his eyes open, and his eyes go wide as he sees the Avenger's jet decked out like the med bay. Bruce and Doctor Helen Cho are surrounding him as soon as he's laid in the bed. "Wha-?" He slurs and Tony grins in relief.

"When we finally got a hold of your other team, we knew it wouldn't be good. With the compound being so far away, we made rearrangements." Tony said as the suit melted away. His hand carded through Peter's hair gently. "You gave everyone quick the scare." He murmured and Peter gave him a small smile. However, before they can do much else Peter's eyes slide shut.

~Time Skip~

The first time he woke up he heard Spencer slurring pleads to see him. He could hear his dad hiccup and mutter words that didn't quite make sense. Peter tried to focus himself awake, to go to his dad but his eyes shut and he was gone to the world, drifting back into the darkness.

The second time he woke up it was to Tony and Hotch speaking quietly about Spencer. Peter actually opened his eyes that time. He glanced over and saw his dad asleep in the seat next to him, hand loosely holding Peter's. He looked like hell; dark circles deeper than the Mariana Trench. His nose was running, and his face was basically void of color. Peter wanted to say something but soon he was drifting off to sleep once again. The last words he heard was Hotch saying, "the withdrawals are hitting him hard."

The third time Peter woke up, he could tell he was in the compound. He glanced off to the side and spotted Sam and Steve playing cards. It was quiet and Peter almost just drifted back to sleep. However, he blinks away the exhaustion and tries to move. He hears the cards being dropped and then there are hands helping him gently sit up. Steve's holding him and Sam's grabbing water off the table. Sam gently helps him drink some of it and he's grateful.

"What-" he starts but he's not sure what he should ask about first. "Ned and MJ?" He decides and Steve gives him a small smile.

"They're both okay, Ned had to get stitches in his head and MJ needed them in her arm but they're both alright. Back at home, actually." He explains and Peter looks down at his hands. "You did what you could... Benjamin and Ashe Hughes had been planning this for months, maybe even years." Steve muttered assured him.

Sam sighed, "I'm just glad he wasn't able to finish his plan." He admitted and Steve shot him a look that said, let's not talk about this yet. "I mean-"

However, Peter stopped him, "what plan?" His throat felt tight, and he knew it was because of the panic flowing through him.

Sam looked at Steve then at Peter, "later. When you're feeling better." And Peter glared because he might be injured but he's not glass.

Steve let out a small laugh, "how about when Spencer's feeling better to tell you?" Peter's heart stops, and panicked, moving to get up. "Stay down. Spencer's alright, the drugs in his system were his old drug of choice so he's going through withdrawals. He's just angry and feeling sick, but he's going to be alright." Steve promises and Peter hopes it isn't false optimism.

YAYYYYY!!!! 

YAYYYYY!!!! 

Hope you all enjoyed! Also if you notice spelling mistakes please let me know. I did edit this but my digital editor is not working correctly.   

Love y'all!!!!! <3