Chapter 18 ~ Followed

Spencer's POV

TW- blood, scars, rape (not graphic, I'm not going to write a rape scene)

Spencer twitched in his seat. A man went after Peter... Called him Baby Boy... his fingers shook as he flipped through the case files. He could feel somebody's gaze but ignored it. Instead, he flipped to the picture he was looking for. His brain had told him it was a convenience but now... Sighing he stood and headed to the bathroom. As he locked the door behind him, he untucked his shirt. There on his side was the scar. He snapped a picture of the bite mark.

Walking back out after fixing his clothes, he printed out the picture and dropped it on the table. He couldn't put it on the board, so he laid it side by side with the bite mark on the newest victim. While it wasn't exact, the only difference was in healing and how teeth change in a lifetime. "Spence?" Garcia asked from where she was sitting on her computer. He shook his head and just stood there for a moment. "Can I do anything?"

He clenched his fists, "Benjamin Hughes. Where is he living right now?" He asked and George Stacy, who had been looking over some of the papers at the table, looked over. Garcia looked a little lost and Spencer looked away from her. He heard her typing away and sighed, "he's in New York?" He asked and in a few more seconds she nods.

"He moved here within the last year, September after living in Virginia since 2008. However, he didn't seem to stay at his home. He has hundreds of bookings at hotels and motels. Before that, he moved around a lot after the loss of his girlfriend-"

Spencer didn't mean to slam his hands against the table, really, he didn't. Yet his hands slammed down and the other two jumped. His hands were shakily badly, and he realized his hands were repeatedly hitting the table. They were going red from the abuse and his mouth was moving. "Humans make many mistakes. The average person will make 773,618 decisions over a lifetime – and will come to regret 143,262 of them. A typical adult makes 27 judgments a day. Human behavior is 93% predictable, leaving the 7% to worry and stress over." He was running out of air, with too many words, and too little breath. "It takes about 66 days for an average individual to make something a daily habit." His hands were flaring in pain, but he couldn't stop. "An average individual's mind wanders 30% of the time." He continued even though he couldn't breathe, and his vision was going black around the edges.

The Captain and Garcia were forcing his hands to stop and moving him to the ground. "Hey baby, what are you doing out here all alone?" Spencer said in a higher tone. "A cute baby boy like you shouldn't be alone. What do you say, Benny, should we make his night?"

He shook but he wasn't really there anymore, just mumbling. "A baby boy like him needs our-"

Spencer is thrown out of the memory by a mouth covering his. He stopped breathing and froze his brain slowing down to figure out the situation around him. The lips disappeared and he sucked in a breath. Slowly he blinked his eyes clear of the fog, staring at his hands. However, he slowly lifted his head and was surprised by the view.

Gwen sat there between Garcia and Captain Stacy. There was a bag of take-out on the floor next to her and he realized why she was there. "Spencer?" Gwen questioned and he gave a small nod. She relaxed a little, "I read somewhere that holding your breath can stop a panic attack. When I kissed you, you held your breath." (HEHE) She explained, her face growing red in embarrassment. He just nodded dumbly before looking over at Garcia. She jumped at him, pulling him into a hug and not letting go. He sagged in her arms closing his eyes and pulling himself away from the edge. The pain in his red hands anchored him just as well as Penelope's hug. Years of being alone conditioned him to use the pain as a coping mechanism. His team had done their best to change it, but it sometimes was his reflex.