Chapter 6 ~ You too

Spencer's POV

          Reid heads to the library as soon as Peter leaves his sight. He pulls out his phone, ignoring the missed calls from his team and clicking on Garcia's name. He sits down at a table in the back and pulls out the file he was on. "Hey, boy genius! How's it going?"

Spencer smiles, "I'm fine. Just clocking in."

"Spence, you've been clocking in and out a lot. Are you sleeping?" He can hear her worry in her tone.

Penelope might know about Peter, but he wasn't sure he was ready to tell her about why he had a kid so young. He wasn't sure he would ever be ready to tell her. "I'm sleeping, I just haven't been able to get used to this new environment yet." He pauses and gets up grabbing a book on constellations. "I should get to work Pen; I'll talk to you later." She gives him a lighthearted goodbye before hanging up.

On the clock, he dives headfirst into his second cold case. The first one, done and on its way to Washington for the police force and to Virginia to the headquarters of the FBI. He was thankful for all the resources he's found in the library. As slow as he had to go on each case, he was happy to find books to help him. Cold cases weren't easy without being able to go to the crime scenes or talk to the victim's family, but Reid was working with what he had. He had contacted a few people on the first case but over the phone was hard to know if they were lying. The job was an actual challenge.

He felt his phone buzz and checking the time he realized he had been there for almost 5 hours. Sighing he opened his phone all the way to check the notification. There in his notifications was a text from Derek Morgan.

Derek: Hey kid. We finished packing up your apartment. I know that you don't want to talk but we're here for you                                                      Delivered 12:56

His heart sunk to the bottom of his chest. Morgan had always held a part of his heart, his whole team did. However, it was Morgan and JJ that were the ones he went to. While he could talk to anyone on his team, it was those two that he opened to. They even knew he was Bisexual. But he was worried about telling them about Peter. Telling them about how Peter came to be...

He also knew that Peter had to get back on his feet before Reid brought his team into the equation. His memories were coming back slowly, and he wasn't sleeping well. Bringing in a bunch of profilers into it would backfire.

Texting Garcia to sign off for now, he grabbed a few books on random topics that might be useful and left the library. Crossing the street, he paid for a sandwich and another coffee then headed back to his apartment. As the door shut behind him, he tossed his keys on the table next to the door. Rubbing his face, put the sandwich in the fridge no longer hungry. He moved to his room sitting on the chair he brought in from the kitchen. Exhaustion filled him up until tears spilled over. Being with Peter was exactly how he thought it would be. He loved him so much but once he was gone all he saw was the woman who raped him. She towered over him, perfume making his head spin. Or maybe his head spun because in the memory he had been drugged.

Spencer blinked away the memories and looked at the map of the US he had recently put up. On the map was every place the "replicator" had previously struck. He had been working on the case with Strauss after the team was told to move on from it. It was strange the case, but with the help of Strauss, he was sure he could crack it.

However, instead of working on the case, he fought to keep his eyes open. The wooden chair was uncomfortable, it should've been enough to keep him awake, but he still found himself nodding off.