Chapter 17 ~ Not a Chance

Peter's POV

TW- rape (not graphic, I'm not going to write a rape scene)

Peter, Ned, and MJ abandoned the books within an hour and turned on the TV. They surfed around passing all of the news channels following the murders. However, while they looked around Peter heard the term, serial rapist. "I thought it was murders?" He questioned and MJ shook her head.

"No, they think it's a rapist who had been caught before and learned it's better not to leave witnesses." She murmured still flicking through the channels.

Ned gagged and they all stayed in the puppy pile on the floor. His phone was silent, no texts from Spencer but he had texted him telling him that Ned and MJ were at the apartment as well. "Do you think they'll catch him soon?" Ned asked after a few minutes.

"I hope so," MJ said.

"They've got the BAU helping, so it's a higher chance," Peter added.

They flickered over another news channel and Peter heard, "breaking news! Another body's been found!" MJ stopped on the channel, and they all focused on the screen. "our sources say it's another teen boy. However, the body isn't as old as the previous bodies were. It's said the boy could've only been dead for a week. Does this mean there are more bodies or did the killer take a three-month break?"

Peter sat up, "I should go out-"

"Not a chance bug boy," MJ snapped.

Ned, however, took a different approach, "stay here. We need you, okay? We couldn't overpower him, but you could. Stay for us."

He wasn't stupid, he knew his friends were scared that they could lose him. So, he let them win the argument and relaxed back into the pile. They shifted so MJ could snuggle into his chest and Ned was leaning against his shoulder.

They ordered pizzas and his friends texted their parents about staying with him overnight. Their parents were fine with them all being together but only if they texted in the morning when they woke up and when they got to school. Especially after Spencer texted telling him he wasn't going to be home that night. 

Thankfully, MJ and Ned usually leave a few clothing items at the apartment just in case. There were one too many times of them forgetting or falling asleep and school was hell because of it.

As they all ate and played on their phones there was a knock on the door. Peter felt a small tingle throughout his body and tried to listen to the man outside the door. Slowly he stood, "Get in the other room." He ordered and his friends paled. Peter moved towards the door, but Ned's hand made him stop.

Peter looked back at his friends, "maybe we shouldn't open doors when your hackles are up." Ned said, trying for lightheartedness.

Another knock went and Peter slowly nodded but didn't move. He stayed perched on the couch listening to the man get angrier. Ned and MJ sat on the couch facing the door, their fear evident. "Come on baby boy, let me in." The man called and Peter tilted his head. Another round of knocks made Peter bristle. The man was gritting his teeth and Peter didn't like this. "Come on Peter," he laughed but it was more crazed than happy. "We have a meeting with dear old dad." He said in a sing-song tone.

Peter stood but didn't move to go to the door. Instead, he grabbed his phone and dialed Spencer's number. He tried not to freak out as it went to voicemail. Gritting his teeth, he dialed Garcia. "Hey Baby Genius, what is up?" Her happy tone chirped.