Chapter 13 ~ Sleep

Peter's POV

Peter shuddered under the blankets Wanda had given him. He could feel the fear from all those months ago. How the building was moving fast and he wasn't fast enough. Or how he locked eyes with Spencer in what he thought were his final moments. The small sounds he heard afterward, clips of words he couldn't make out through the pain.

Tony sat down next to him and pulled him so that Peter leaned against him. He rubbed slow circles on his shoulder and Peter tried not to break down again. "It's okay, you're okay," Tony said and Peter knew he was right, but he couldn't get the sounds and visions out of his head. "Peter?"

He opened his eyes and watched his mentor. Tony's face was creased in worry and could tell the memory was bad. Peter huddled into his side. The other Avengers were close but not too much to make it feel overcrowded. "Spencer was trying to stop the man from exploding the building. He was talking the man down, but he was insane. He set off the bomb anyways. Nothing Spencer said did anything. When the building first start moving I thought maybe a web net could solve the problem. But with so many people under the building, I couldn't risk it. I moved fast but I was too slow in the end. The building fell. One moment the flames were bright, and I could see Reid, the next it was dark and all I could feel was pain. I thought I died... In way, part of me did die under there."

Everyone was silent and the sniffle brought him out of his stupor. Wanda had a hand to her face trying to cry silently. Peter's eyes widened as she shook, Vision walking over to comfort her. Instead, she pushed him away and squatted down to be at level with Peter. "I'm sorry, Peter." She mumbled and pulled him into a hug. Her magic danced around them. The magic felt warm but held familiar pain within it. Peter blinked and for a moment he saw her and her brother hiding under rubble, worrying about the bomb in front of them.

She knew what it was like, Peter hugged her back tightly, but not too tightly. "I- all I could smell was blood." He admitted gripping her sweater in his hands. Tony continued to rub circles on his shoulder.

Wanda pulled back and look him in the eye, "I won't let you get crushed. Never again, I promise." She said so determinedly that Peter smiled. He could see everyone relax and he knew Wanda's magic helped with it all. "We fight together," She states, and Peter sees Steve smile softly. She doesn't stand back up, instead, she sits down leaning her back against his legs. It was something Ned would do, a sign of love without shoving it down their throats. It was a sibling thing to do. He smiles and leans against Tony and closes his eyes.

Peter doesn't try to sleep, instead just relaxes. He does fall asleep in the end though, no matter how much he tries not to. 

However, when he wakes up, he feels better. There wasn't a memory there wasn't anything to learn, just blissful sleep. As he cracks open his eyes, he looks and sees the team. He's still leaning on Tony but the man's asleep, along with Wanda. She was still leaning against Peter but she rested her head on her arms that were propped on Steve's lap. Steve was on Peter's other side, leaning against Bucky, both of them asleep. Sam, Natasha, Bruce, Clint, and Vision were all still awake sitting around the table playing a silent game of cards. Peter glanced to the jet's ramp and could see the sunlight streaming in. He glanced down at his watch reading 6:43 am. Carefully he grabbed out his phone and checks his texts.

Aunt Pen <3: PETEY!!! Are you alright?

Received 3:23 am

Aunt Pen <3: Text me when you can. I want to know your okay! <3

Received 3:41 am

Aunt Pen <3: I'm going to add you to the group chat! You'll love it! <3