Chapter 10 ~ Angels and Demons

Spencer's POV

Reid walked into the BAU only to bump into the new Section chief after Strauss died. "Spencer Reid?" The man asked. He gave an awkward nod, "Good, my name is Matt Cruz."

"You were the one who was kidnapped with JJ," Spencer remembered.

"I appreciate your help to find us." He said with a smile and Reid tried to match it. However, he could tell, there was bad news. "Your team had gotten a new case. They are all packing up now. Hotch told me about your visit, so if you'd like I have the files for you. I can easily allow you to travel with them this time. I know you came to visit, so at least you'd be able to be with them still."

Spencer tried not to look like the option was painful. He knew Peter wouldn't be happy ... but what he doesn't know won't hurt him. "I am still part of the team, might as well act like it." He smiled and Cruz handed him the file.

"This case... they might need the help." He said in thanks and Spencer opened it. With his bag still on his shoulder, he stood reading the file.

As he was almost done, he was attacked by a wild Garcia. "Boy Wonder!" She squealed in glee, squeezing him into a hug. "Oh, you've gotten more muscle, how did you get more muscle out of the field?"

His cheeks pinkened, "Well I might actually be working out. I have more energy in my body because of the lack of constant-"

"You haven't changed a bit! What are you doing out here, let's get into the bullpen! We've missed you!"

He barely manages to stay on his feet as he's pulled into the bullpen. As the doors swing open, he can hear snickering. Sighing, he looks up from his feet knowing that even if he saw something that would make him trip, Garcia would simply keep pulling him anyway. So, he looks around to see Blake grabbing a few things from her desk, looking like she was trying not to laugh. Then there was JJ and Morgan who were laughing, not even trying to hide their amusement.

"Baby girl, let the man walk." Derek laughed but Garcia just kept pulling him all the way to them.

Finally, they stop, and Spencer lets out a laugh, "I missed you too Pen."

"Of course, you did, I'm a catch!" She grins pulling him into a half hug before letting him go.

"Hey kid," Morgan grins and pulls him into a side hug. "It's been a while..." He looks away from Spencer's face to the case file in his hand.

JJ rolled her eyes and pulled him into a hug, stealing him from Morgan. It was weird, getting all the hugs but he hugged back, nonetheless. "I missed you, Spence." She mumbles into his chest, "Henry is so excited to see you."

He smiles, "I've missed you all so much. In fact, I was doing some mathematical-" He's cut off by Hotch's door opening.

"Are you all ready?" He asks holding his go bag, ready to go. Rossi exits his office, nodding to Hotch then sending Spencer a smile. "Spencer, are you good to go?" He gives Hotch a thumbs up and ignores his family's joy.

Spencer stands awkwardly as his friends quickly grab their bags. Blake walks over to him, pulling him into a hug. "How are you doing?" A motherly tone in her voice.

He smiles, "good. Honestly, it's been good." He says softly and she gives him a kind smile before going back over to her desk. She grabs her bag and Reid follows her out the doors. However, Garcia grabs him. "Pen?"

She pulls him into another hug, "how's Peter?" She whispers into his ear.

Wrapping his arms around her, he rests his forehand on her shoulder, "We are doing good. He's staying with Tony this weekend."

"You're a good dad, not everyone could give up all that you have for their kid." She whispered, "but I think you should allow everyone into that part of your life. They still need you, and you're pulling away."

Spencer is trying not to tense, he's in a room full of profilers, he can't show weakness. "I need him at 100% again."

She huffed, "will he ever be 100% again? Or are you just putting this off?"

He breaks their hug taking a deep breath, "I'm doing my best."

"I know, hon." She whispers and he feels cracks in his mask. "Remember that though." He nods and grips his bag.

A hand on his shoulder makes him jump. Hotch gives him a look, "we have to go. You still want to come with?"

He nods and gives Garcia one more smile, "I'll work on it." He promises and follows Hotch out of the building.

They have an airplane ride full of theories and ideas and before he knows it, they are in Texas. He gets into a car with Morgan to head straight to a bar to interview a few connections when his phone buzzes. Morgan raises an eyebrow, but Spencer just pulls it out and checks to see a text from Peter.

Peter: I'm with Happy!!!

Peter: Just so you know where I am *wink wink*.

Delivered 2:57 pm

A chuckle leaves his mouth and ignores Morgan's raised eyebrow.

Spencer: I'm in Texas...

Spencer: I should be still home in time. Don't worry, it's nothing too bad. A case came up and I went with so I could still spend time with them.

Delivered 3:00 pm

Peter: I figured you'd go on a case. From your stories, it doesn't sound like there was much free time. Good luck and if you're in danger stay safe. Don't think I won't call Pen for updates if you don't give me any. Talk to you later! Love you!

Delivered 3:02 pm

Spencer: Love you too, talk to you later.

Delivered 3:03 pm

Super short chapter I know. But to clean a few things up, Matt Cruz and JJ had a small storyline between the Replicator case and the Angel and Demon Case. I had to add it in because JJ was kidnapped and there was no way Spencer wouldn't go to Virginia to help find her. Also if you don't remember the Angel and Demon case it was the series final for season 9. They are some of my favorite episodes so made it possible to include them. If you do remember Ummm... pls don't spoil it for others... I won't be diving too much into the case because I'm not here to write about the cases the show already covered. So I'm not going in-depth on them. If you're confused please ask questions and I'm willing to answer to the best of my ability.

Anyways hope you enjoyed the short chapter! I'm working on the ending but No Way Home has me rethinking the ending so I'm struggling.

Love y'all! <3