Chapter 1~ The Beginning

September 2013

People often thought that the weirdest thing that ever happened to Peter was the spider bite. While it was strange, I mean, it is very weird. However, Peter knew he had a weird life right away. When he was born, he was given to his great uncle, Richard.
His dad wasn't in a place to take care of him, and his grandma wasn't all there. So, as a baby, he moved from LA, Nevada to Queens, New York. There he had his first memories, there he thought of his guardians as his parents. However, when he lost them in a plane crash, he was once again reminded that they weren't his real parents.

Maybe it was weird to others that his mom wasn't in the equation, but she never had been. If anything, Mary Parker was his mom, Richard might not have been his dad, but she was the only mom that mattered. However, after they died, he didn't go to his dad. His great uncle Ben, or just Uncle Ben, Richard's brother, took him in. He said something about how his dad was trying to get on his feet, but Peter had only been 6 at the time. So, then he moved in with them and stayed there for years.

However, once he was with Ben and his wife May, his dad started visiting. He was young, so young, but Peter loved him instantly. His dad was Spencer Reid, a brand-new FBI agent. Every time his job brought him to New York, he'd visit. While Peter never called him dad, he was happy that Spencer was his dad.
Spencer was there when he lost Ben. Spencer was there after he had been kidnapped by a serial killer and had to go on leave. Spencer was the one who walked him through applying for Midtown Tech. Spencer was there when Peter was bitten by a spider and was terrified. Spencer was the one who made it legal for him to go out and be Spider-Man while keeping his secret identity. Spencer was there for him when Tony Stark took his suit back. Spencer was there after he lost a friend, a team member, Emily. Spencer was there whenever Peter asked him to be. So, Peter tried to be there for him when Spencer needed him.

Peter loved Spencer, even if he wished the man would just stop and stay with him. That's why when May passed away, he didn't go to Spencer. He had always felt so needy when he thought about keeping Spencer all to himself. But this time, it couldn't be avoided. Spencer was next in line for guardianship. So, instead of running to him, Peter ran to Tony. He stayed with the man, letting Spencer have as much time as he could before child services changed that. Spencer would have to stop for Peter this time, it was unavoidable.

However, one week of silence turned into two, and then everything went to shit.

Swinging around the city usually brings him so much joy, but tonight it brought him to panic. There has been a serial arsonist in New York, and Spencer's team had been called to help. Spencer called him to let him know right away, but like normal, it had been 2 days without another message. This morning a bomb had gone off in an abandoned building, a warning. So, as soon as he could he was in the skies, looking for ways he could help.
The panic started when the first explosion went off, it was a police station. The one that he knew Spencer's team was in. He raced to the scene only to realize that the building was empty. Peter dropped to the ground and looked around to see Aaron Hotchner, the unit chief, Spencer's boss.

Squaring his shoulders he jogged over, but as he got closer, he realized the man was on the phone. "Reid was right, he's got to be there." A pause as he listened to the other, "stick with Reid, Morgan. JJ and I have everything handled over here." Another pause. "Yes, Blake and Rossi are handling it. Call if you find anything to prove he was there."
The man looked over at him and he stopped a few feet away. Peter almost held out his hand to shake but stopped. "Is everyone alright?"
The stern man nodded but whatever he was about to say was stopped by a small explosion going off near Park Imperial. "If you want something to do, head over there. Some of my men are over there and they might need back up." Peter gave an awkward thumbs up before shooting a web and swinging out of there.

Just as he got closer, he saw the problem. On the steps in front of the building was a man. He had a detonator in his left hand. Below him on the pavement was Spencer. Spencer's hands were up in an attempt at calming while the person next to him, Derek Morgan - his best friend and teammate, had a gun trained on the man. Peter was too far to hear them but knew Spencer was trying to calm him.

However, the man clicked the button and the building behind him lit up in fire. Then Derek was shooting the man to the ground. Everything was moving too quickly. The man had known where to explode because instead of it collapsing in on itself it was leaning. The police were running and so was Spencer. However, they weren't the only people Peter had to worry about. He sprang into action, shooting web after web, making a makeshift net. He tried to work faster and harder but every second that passed was another loss. Peter's right-hand web shooter clicked, and he cursed fumbling for an extra web cartage, but he was going too slow. Scanning the area, he used his left hand, grabbing a few people and swinging them out of the way.

There was a gunshot and Peter turned to the sound. The man who detonated the bomb was propped up with his hand out. A blonde woman went down, and Peter ran towards her. Shooting a web over he grabbed her bleeding form, words of surprise on her lips.
He tried not to panic as he ran with her, but the building was faster than him. The woman in his hands was choking on her blood and Peter tried to be faster. He could see people watching and in one last attempt he shot a web, but it didn't even have the chance to make it out of the range. The building hit the ground.

"P-"

"S-"

"P-"

"M-"

"I-"

"W-"

"I-"

"Pl-"

Sounds were in and out nothing sticking, nothing staying. The pain was the only true thought in his mind. No shapes he saw made sense. He couldn't question, he couldn't form words. Nothing was happening.

Alright! The first chapter is up!!! Those of you coming from my One-Shot book, HI!!! I'm very excited to share this with all of you!

However, I do want to give a few warnings... There is implied sexual assault and flashbacks. We have minor character deaths. This story will go up to season 13 of Criminal Minds because I haven't watched past that yet. I'm still working on it!!!!!!!! So there are spoilers for up until then, however, nothing more. Read at your own risk!

I'm joking (not really), please enjoy!

Love Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!