Chapter 20 ~ A Cognitive Interview

Spencer's POV

TW- blood, fighting, rape (not graphic, I'm not going to write a rape scene However, this is the chapter that goes the closest!!!)

Spencer and Rossi walked through the apartment, one wall had a chunk missing, another had a dent. He ignored that, holding his gun in front of him as they cleared room, by room. Spencer stopped in front of their small walk-in pantry. Carefully he opened the door, jumping forwards when Ned fell forwards out of the closet. He caught the boy, eyes checking him over. The only wound looked to be a head wound. Then he saw MJ on the floor further in. "ROSSI!" He yelled as he saw the pool of blood under her.

Rossi was there in a moment and quickly stepped over Spencer and Ned to reach her. "She was shot in the forearm, there's a wound on her head as well. But she's alive," He said carefully, and Spencer squeezed his eyes shut.

Once they get the kids to the paramedics, his team gets there. "He's got a partner," Hotch observes, and Spencer taps the side of his thigh. "Someone shot the two police officers and the other one broke through the window."

Spencer grabs Peter's phone off of the floor from where it had been smashed in the fight. He turns it on, but the screen is glitched. However, he can still make out the cute picture of his son and friends goofing off. "Reid?" Morgan asks and Spencer looks over at him. "We're going to find him," he promised, and Spencer numbly nodded.

"I-" he cleared his throat. "I should call Tony," he sighed. Dropping Peter's phone onto the counter he stepped into his room to call.

Sighing he dialed the number but before he called his gaze caught something. Walking over to his wall covered in notes he pulled down a paper he didn't put there. It would've blended in if his memory wasn't perfect.

WATCHING YOU ALL THIS TIME WAS FUN

BUT NOW I HAVE WHAT I WANTED

MY SON AND HES MINE

I WILL GIVE YOU ONE LAST CHANCE TO SEE HIM

USE YOUR BIG BRAIN

HURRY OR YOU WILL MISS HIM

MISS US

YOU HAVE UNTIL 3 AM

Spencer's fist trembled and he slammed open his door. Almost bypassing his team completely. However, he stops and slams the note into Hotch's chest. The team leader raises an eyebrow but takes the note. "Watching you all this time was fun, but now I have what I wanted: my son and he's mine." Hotch started but paused to look up at Spencer. His hands shook but he tried to hide his fury. "I will give you one last chance to see him. Use your big brain. Hurry up or you will miss him, miss us. You have until 3 am." Hotch checked his watch, "that's just under 3 hours."

Derek had a hand on Spencer's shoulder and his teeth ground together. "It was push pinned on my bulletin board." He spat but he wasn't sure what else he should say or do.

Kate glanced at him, "he said, use your brain. Spencer if he'd been following you since you got Peter, there must be something you've noticed."

Spencer huffed, "you would think..." Sighing he looks at Rossi, "there are things I don't remember about that night."

Morgan looked at him with a sense of unease. "You're talking about a cognitive interview." He winced at his friend's words but nodded. "Reid, that's- who do you want to question you?"