Road to Hell In A Cell

The Road to the Hell In A Cell Pay Per View began the night after Summerslam.

In these stories, I'll recap some of the Top Feuds leading into the matches at the Pay Per Views.

Raw

WWE Title feud: [Devil from Down Under meets the Doomsday Warrior]

It's the first RAW After Summerslam, and Rowan Gedling, the new WWE Champion, vowed to be a fighting Champion. Immediately, Austin Theory stepped to the Plate, but Gedling beat him in less than a minute then & there, retaining without even breaking a sweat. Following the match, Karrion Kross confronted Gedling. Kross wants a one on one shot at the belt, not a triple threat bout. Kross vs Gedling was made official for Hell in a Cell. In the coming weeks, Kross and Gedling would attempt to play mind games to throw off the other, with neither man being the clear favorite. The match was announced to be one of Four Hell in a Cell matches that will occur on the card.

United States Championship: [Come One, Come All!]

Luke Rhodes was fresh off a win over Alex Johnson, all be it, Luke achieved the win by less than honest means. Johnson quickly issued a rematch, but Rhodes denied. He said he wanted Fresh blood to spill on the mat.

This is when Jonas Rollins, younger brother of Seth, made his grand debut on Raw. He said what better way to make an impact than to take down the Reigning US Champion? Luke relished in the challenge, suggesting Johnson face Rollins to determine who fights him at Hell in a Cell. But in the following weeks, he was approached by Sheamus, Roderick Strong, Cedric Alexander, and EC3, all wanting a title shot. Luke took this to Raw General Manager Kurt Angle, who suggested Preliminary matches, and a finals triple threat to determine Luke's challenger at Hell In A Cell. Luke liked this idea, and thus, Johnson vs Strong, Rollins vs EC3, and Sheamus vs  to determine the participants. Johnson defeated Strong, Rollins tapped out EC3, and Sheamus kicked Cedric's Lights out. on the Pre-Show, we'll see the triple threat to determine the man who will face Luke Rhodes in the US title match later that night!

US Title @HIAC: Luke Rhodes (c) vs Sheamus/Jonas Rollins/Alex Johnson.

Raw tag team titles: [Ghosts of the Past]

DIY, Gargano & Ciampa, just claimed Tag gold for the first time on the main roster. However, the first to step to the plate? The Authors of Pain. The ones who were the initial Catalysts for the whole breakup of DIY when they beat them for the NXT tag titles. The first domino... It all was coming back full circle. The AOP issued a challenge to them on Raw, and the Tag champs accepted. DIY vs AOP, Hell in a Cell tornado tag team action. However, DIY made the agreement that should AOP Lose, they must return to NXT and never set foot on RAW again as long as they're the champions.

Smackdown

Intercontinental Championship: 12 man Battle royale to determine Ziggler's HIAC Opponent

Match Participants:

Baron Corbin, Bo Dallas, Cody Rhodes, Dax Wilder, Elias, John Morrison, Mojo Rawley, R-Truth, Rick Boogs, Sami Zayn, Shawn Spears, & Xavier Woods.

Shawn Spears talked all sorts of crap, flipping off rookie Dax Wilder. The roles were soon reversed when Wilder tossed Spears out of the match, tossing him a bird to take for the road. Wilder impressed in his debut, eliminating Corbin last to earn the IC title shot at Hell In A Cell.

Major Storyline: [Mind games & Manipulation]