Chapter 29

Avery's P.O.V.

"Hey, Stevie," I said, walking into the Curtis' house.

"Hey, Aves. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," Steve said, pulling me onto his lap. He was sitting on the couch.

"I know, I've missed you a lot," I told him, kissing his lips quickly.

"I missed you more," Steve said, kissing me again. I shook my head.

"Not possible," I said.

"Get a room," I heard Sodapop say. I looked to see him coming in from the hallway where his bedroom is.

"We will," Steve said, smirking at me.

"No, no. Not today," I said, Steve frowned.

"Why not?" Steve asked.

"Um...you know...I'm not feeling well today," I said, looking down at my stomach.

"Oh, poor baby," Steve said, placing his hand on my stomach.

"I need some chocolate," I announced, getting up and going to the kitchen. I grabbed the cake from the fridge and cutting myself a slice before putting the cake bake. I grabbed a fork and started eating the slice of cake.

"What's up, guys?" I heard my cousin's voice in the living room.

"Not much, Two," I heard Steve reply. I heard feet walking this way and soon enough, Two-bit comes in.

"Hey, Minnie," Two-bit greeted me. He grabbed the cake and cut a slice so tiny. Instead of putting the cake back into the fridge, he put the tiny slice in there and started eating off of the actual cake. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Hey, Mickey," I greeted back. Darry walked in and Two-bit shielded the cake away from him.

"Hey, Mathews cousins," Darry said, walking over to the stove.

"Hi, Dare," I greeted, finishing my slice and putting my plate at the sink. I rinsed off my plate and decided to just do all of the dishes.

"You don't have to do that, Avery," Darry said, trying to stop me.

"No, it's the least I could do. You always let us stay here, even the night when needed. Someone other than your brothers have to help you out," I said. Darry smiled at me.

"I was saying you didn't have to, because Sodapop was the last to wake up today, so it's his job to do them," Darry explained.

"Oh...well then I'll dry the dishes," I decided. I went into the living room where everyone else had joined. Everyone was doing something.

Johnny, Ponyboy, and Dally were at the table playing card games. Dally sometimes decided they could play 52 card pickup.

Sodapop and Steve were wrestling. Sodapop was yelling at how Steve always cheats when they arm wrestle.

Darry came in and was reading a newspaper in his chair.

Two-bit came in and was watching Mickey Mouse on the tv. He was talking along with it.

I smiled, happy that this was my life. Happy I grew up with the gang. Happy Two-bit was my cousin. Happy Johnny was always there for me when I needed him. That Ponyboy was here to read to me when I'm stressed. That Sodapop was here to be my best friend. Happy that Dally was here to make me laugh with his jokes that he claims aren't really jokes. Happy that Darry was here to be everyone's father-figure.

But mostly I was happy that I have Steve here as my boyfriend.

I guess I can handle the Randle.

A/n,

I wasn't expecting to make this the final chapter. I was thinking it would go as long as my Sodapop story did. I just can't figure out what to have happen next. There will be an epilogue, so look forward to that. I will be making a new love story for another gang member, I already have in mind who it's going to be about, but you guys can guess who! If anyone had name suggestions for the main characters name in that story, please leave some for me! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!