Chapter 19

Avery's P.O.V.

I woke up and saw that I'm in Sodapop and Ponyboy's bed. I was all alone in here. I stood up off the bed and walked out to the living room to see all the boys, even Dallas, running around.

"Hey! Avery is awake!" Two-Bit yelled. At his words, Steve looked up at me and his face lit up. He sprinted towards me and gave me a little kiss on the lips.

"Hi, babe," Steve said, smiling.

"Hi, Stevie," I replied, booping his nose with an identical smile to his.

"I brought you to my room, by the way. You were starting to feel too heavy on my lap the deeper into the sleep you went," Ponyboy explained. I laughed.

"Sorry. And thanks, Pony," I said. Ponyboy smiled at me. I walked away from Steve and went into the kitchen to get a pop to drink. It was either Mt. Dew or Root Beer. I chose Root Beer.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked, wrapping his arms around me from behind me.

"Yeah. I'm just really thirsty right now,," I said truthfully, taking a big sip of my pop.

"You look kinda hot. Both meanings," Steve said, winking, a smirk on his face. I hid my smile and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, now that you mention it, I'm not feeling very good," I said, pressing the cold bottle of my poptomy forehead and closing my eyes.

"Come cuddle with me on the couch," Steve said, pulling me by the hand into the living room. I opened my eyes, scared that he would purposely pull me into a wall. We sat down on the couch and I leaned into Steve a little bit before chugging the rest of my Root Beer.

"Wow, is that beer?" Sodapop asked.

"The kind made out of roots," I joked. Sodapop grinned and rolled his eyes. I lied down onto the couch and pulled Steve with me, forcing him to lie ontop of me. He put his face on my neck and breathed out, tickling my skin there.

We were laying there for about 30 minutes, when there was a knock on the door. Darry went and opened it.

"Oh, hi, Evie," Darry said. I had my eyes closed and pretended I was asleep. I forgot that Evie liked Steve.

"Oh, I didn't know those two were dating now," I heard Evie say sadly, coming into the room.

"Yeah, they've been together for awhile," I heard Two-Bit say.

"Oh. I-I'll just be going, then," I heard Evie say. Then there was running and a door slamming. I felt bad, but I'm happy with Steve. I'm not going to apologize for being with him to Evie. I soon fell asleep with those thoughts on my mind.

A/n,
So my mom lets me have my phone in school in case I need it, so I decided I'd update my story today. Tomorrow is the last day before exams start on Wednesday. I have to take at least 3 exams. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!