Introducing the Characters

Avery Mathews: She is Two-Bit's cousin who lives with him, his mom, and his sister. She has hazel eyes and short, brown hair. She is close with Johnny and Ponyboy. She is 15 years old.

Steve Randle: Steve Randle is a part of the Curtis gang. He is best friends with Sodapop and works with him (Steve part time, Soda fulltime) at a gas station called The DX. He has a bird tattoo on one of his arms and has crooked teeth and brown hair. He is 17 years old.

Two-Bit Matthews: Two-Bit is Avery's cousin and is a huge goofball. He gets drunk all the time, is obsessed with Darry's chocolate cake (as well as Steve), and has a HUGE, no GIGANTIC obssession with Mickey Mouse. He likes school, so he is still in his Junior year of high school. He is 18 years old.

Sodapop Curtis: Soda is Steve's best friend and works with him at the gas station. He is the middle brother, Darry being his older brother, and Pony being his kid brother. He hates it when his two brothers fight and try to get him to side with them. He loves drag racing, but isn't allowed to after he got hurt. He is 16 years old.

Ponyboy Curtis: Ponyboy is Soda and Darry's younger brother. He loves to read and gets good grades in school. He has a crush on Cherry Valance, but she is a Soc and is dating Bob. He is closest with Johnny and Avery, and treats them like siblings. He doesn't think a lot, which bothers Darry. He is 14 years old.

Darry Curtis: Darry is the oldest of the gang. He works too hard at his job, roofing houses. He grew up way too fast, and is the perfect image of his father, but acts almost completely the oppisite. He watches over Pony and Soda and tries to make sure they don't get in too much troubke to where they get thrown into boys' homes. He is 20 years old.

Johnny Cade: Johnny Cade unfortunately doesn't have a good home life. His parents beat and ignore him, and they're always fighting, so he usually crashes at the Curtis' or at the lot, and sometimes even at the Mathews'. He is closest with Avery, Dally, and Ponyboy, who try to protect him as much as they can. He looks way younger than he really is, and gets scared easily after some Socs beat him bad. He is 16 years old.

Dallas Winston: Dally is someone you do NOT want to mess with. Well, same with his sister, but she's not in this story. (You can read all about her in A Sodapop Love Story). He hates the Socs, especially after what they did to Johnny. Nobody should hurt Johnny, man. Nobody. He likes to tease Avery about just random stuff, but not enough to let it bother her much, just to make her laugh because she thinks he's joking around. He is 17 years old.

There will probably be more characters, but either I'm too lazy to put them in right now, or I haven't decided who will be in this story. Avery is being portrayed or played by steverandlehasmyhart and make sure to go check out some of her stories! I hope you all enjoy this book!