Chapter 4

Avery's P.O.V.

When I woke up, Two-Bit was gone. I jumped down from my bunk and got dressed, after making sure the door was locked. I put on a red shirt with white polka dots that reminds Two-Bit of Minnie Mouse and some skinny jeans that have holes on each knee. I went downstairs to see Two-Bit in the living room, watching Mickey Mouse, his mom in the kitchen cooking breakfast, and my little cousin Sarah sitting at the kitchen table pouting.

"What's wrong, Sarah?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

"Kieth won't let me meet the gang. He said they'd be too rough with me," Sarah said. She's only about 9 years old.

"He won't? Well, Sare, I'm sure you'll get to meet them some day," I said.

"Really?" Sarah asked, looking at me wide-eyed.

"Yeah. I think they'll love you," I told her. Two-Bit then came in.

"Don't give her false hope, Avery. I don't want her meeting the gang ever!" Two-Bit said. I glared at him.

"What makes you have the right to decide that? If she wants to meet them then she should!" I said.  Two-Bit glared back at me.

"I'm her older brother. I'm the man of the house ever since dad left. I don't want Sarah hanging out with a bunch of idiots who will get her in trouble!" Two-Bit said.

"If you tell them not to, then they won't get her in trouble!" I exclaimed.

"Enough! I said she's not meeting them and that's final!" Two-Bit yelled, storming out of the house. I frowned. I don't know why he got so upset. Sarah got up.

"Great, now I'll never meet them! Thanks a lot, Avery, you told me I would, but Kieth doesn't want me to!" Sarah yelled, tears in her eyes. She ran upstairs, slamming her door shut. I heard a 'click' and knew she locked the door. I looked over to my aunt with wide eyes.

"Don't worry about them, Ave. They'll be fine," my aunt told me. I nodded and got up, leaving the house and going to the Curtis' house.

I walked in and three of the guys are drunk. Darry was at work, so he wasn't one of them. Sodapop doesn't drink, so he's not one of them. Johnny and Ponyboy aren't drunk, actually I don't think they're here, I don't see them anywhere. So that leaved Dallas, Steve, and Two-Bit. I figured Two-Bit would come here.

"Hey! It's Avery!" Steve shouted, surprising me.

"Ugh, what's she doing here?" Dallas asked.

"Don't be so mean to my cousin!" Two-Bit yelled at Dallas. Steve came over to me and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Come with me," he slurred into my ear. I don't know what came over me, but I followed him out the door.

A/n,
Hmmm what do you guys think Steve's got in mind? Do you guys think that Two-Bit will let Sarah meet the guys? Will Two-Bit and Avery make up? Sorry it's small, they will get longer, trust me. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!