Chapter 26

Avery's P.O.V.

"Those two were cool," Sarah said when we got inside our house.

"Yeah, I thought you'd like them," I said, smiling at her.

"You thought she'd like what?" Two-bit asked, coming into the room from the kitchen.

"She brought me to meet Cherry and Marcia. Well, it wasn't on purpose. We bumped into them when they were trying to get away from their boyfriends," Sarah lied. She made that up so quickly, it scares me.

"Oh, cool. Those two are cool chicks, but stay away from their boyfriends, Bob and Randy. Unless you want to be jumped," Two-bit said, very serious.

"Don't worry. I'll stay away from them," Sarah promised. She went upstairs and into her room.

"I'm glad to see she forgave you," Two-bit said with a smile. I smiled back.

"Yeah, I'm happy about it, too. I'll have to bring her to get some ice cream sometime," I said, mentally putting that into my schedule.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Listen, I know you're upset that I don't want her to meet the guys. I was like this when I brought you to meet them. I just want what's best for her, but I promise, she will get to meet them all soon," Two-bit said. That made my stomach sick from guilt.

"Ok. I just feel bad saying she can't do something. We aren't the boss of her," I said.

"I'm the man of the house, Aves. I have to protect you all at all costs, so that means telling you guys what to do and what not to do," Two-bit explained. I smiled at him.

"I know, Mickey," I said. I pulled him in for a hug. He hugged me back without hesitation. We pulled away and went upstairs. Even though it was still early, we both silently got in bed. When I got back from changing in the bathroom, Two-bit was already snoring. I got up onto my top bunk and soon fell asleep myself.

A/n,

Here's another chapter! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!