Chapter 7

Avery's P.O.V.

"...so nothing did happen? You guys are both alright?" I heard a voice ask someone. I was too tired to wake up to see who it was.

"Yeah, we're fine. She fell asleep after we talked about animals. I have no idea how we got to that topic, but we did," I heard anothrr voice say. I think it was Johnny.

"Alright. I'll carry her to my house. I hope Ponyboy and Darry don't think I did anything to her," the first voice said, chuckling. I suddenly felt arms around me. One was under my neck, and the other was under my knees where my leg bends. I was suddenly lifted off the ground.

"See you later, Soda. If you see Pony, will you ask him to come over here? It gets lonely here and I think I saw some Socs watching us before you got here," I heard who is definitely Johnny ask. So it's Sodapop who is holding me right now.

"Why don't you just come to my house, Johnnycakes?" Sodapop asked.

"I kinda wanna stay out here for a bit. I think I see Dal walking over here, anyway," Johnny said.

"Oh, yeah. That's him, alright. Well, I'll see you later," Sodapop said, I can feel that he's starting to walk.

"Don't forget to send Pony!" Johnny called out.

"I won't!" Sodapop called back. He then continued the walk to his house. I decided I'd wake up, so I opened my eyes. I immediately closed them tight because of the sunlight.

"Woah, that's bright!" I said, scaring Sodapop, as I felt him jump.

"Gosh, Avery, give me a heart attack, why don't ya," Sodapop said, I opened my eyes to see him glaring at me. I gave him an innocent smile.

"Sowwy," I said in a baby voice. Sodapop laughed.

"It's all good. You wanna walk now?" Sodapop asked, stopping.

"No. You're comfy," I said, smooshing my face into his flanneled chest.

"Um, thanks?" Soda said, sounding like he's questioning me.

"You're welcome," I said, but it came out muffled because of his shirt.

"We're here. Two will be excited to see you," Sodapop said.

"Pretend I'm asleep!" I said quickly, moving my head to the side and closing my eyes.

"Ok," Sodapop said, probably too tired to question it. I felt him turn to use my legs to open the door and then I heard the door slam behind us.

"Avery!" I heard a voice yell.

"She's asleep. She was asleep at that tree at the lot with Johnnycakes," Soda said.

"Okay. Give me her," I heard the voice say, and then I felt Sodapop give me away.

"Wow, Soda, I thought we were friends," I thought I said in my head.

"Gosh, stop giving me heart attack, Avery! And we are friends, but Two-Bit wanted you," Sodapop said. I opened my eyes to see Two-Bit looking at me.

"I didn't mean to say that out loud," I said, causing Two-Bit to chuckle.

"Same happens to me, kid. I'm just happy you're okay!" Two-Bit said

A/n,
I did it! I got it done just before I leave for my trip home! It's still a little short, but it's longer than the other chapters! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!