Chapter 23

Avery's P.O.V.

"Will you please meet me at The Dingo?" I asked Sodapop, giving him my best puppy dog eyes I could. He looked at me confused.

"Why, though?" Sodapop asked me. I looked around to make sure my cousin was no where near us. When I saw him passed out on the couch, I looked back to Sodapop.

"I want Sarah to meet you all. She's already met Johnny and Ponyboy. If Two-bit found out, I'd be dead. She really wants to meet you all, and I don't want to stop her from meeting you," I said in one breath. As I was getting my breathing back to normal, Sodapop looked at me amused.

"I don't understand why you won't just listen to Two-bit. It's his little sister we're talking about. If he doesn't think she's ready to meet us, maybe she shouldn't," Sodapop said. I glared at him.

"But imagine how hurt she'd be if she found out that the one she's wanted to meet the most said he didn't want to meet her," I lied. Sarah really wanted to meet Ponyboy the most, which is why he and Johnny were first.

"Really? Ok then, I change my mind!" Sodapop exclaimed, happy to make any little girl happy.

"Great! I'll get Steve on board, too. I told her she'd meet two at a time," I explained. Sodapop nodded and went into the living room. I went into the living room after him to see Steve sitting in Darrel's chair since he was at work.

"Steve, wanna go on a walk with me?" I asked him. He looked up at me from where he was sitting and smiled.

"Of course," Steve replied. He got up and practically sprinted towards me, causing me to giggle.

"Someone's excited," I said, amused.

"I love spending time with you," Steve said with a small smile on his face, causing a big one to come on mine. We walked out the door and walked a few blocks in silence before I decided to ask him the question I wanted to go on this walk for.

"So I was wondering..." I paused, wondering how I would word it.

"Yes...?" Steve pressed on.

"Well...it's kind of weird. Would you like to meet Sarah?" I asked, a little bit nervous. Steve furrowed his eyebrows.

"Sarah? As in your little cousin?" Steve asked me.

"Yes. She really wants to meet everyone. Soda has already agreed to meeting her," I explained. I added the thing about Sodapop in case that helped convince Steve.

"Oh, um. I don't know, Aves," Steve said. I blushed at his nickname for me.

"Please? It'll make her so happy!" I exclaimed. Steve looked over at me.

"Well alright. Anything to make my future cousin-in-law happy," Steve said, a smirk on his face. I looked at him confused.

"Is that really how that works?" I asked. Steve shrugged.

"I don't know," Steve chuckled.

"Wait...do you really see us married in the future?" I suddenly realized, stopping and looked at him. He stopped walking, too.

"I mean, unless you'd rather me marry Two...but yeah. I really do see us married in the future," Steve said, placing his hand on my cheek. It made my heart melt.

"Aw, Steve! I can see us married, as well!" I pretty much yelled. Steve grinned. He pecked my lips and we continued our walk, talking and laughing the whole time.

I was so excited to see what the future brought to us.

A/n,

Hey guys! Here's another chapter, finally! I'm so happy to be back! Sorry for such a long wait. But there will be many more chapters in the future! Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!