Chapter 15

Avery's P.O.V.

I found Evie at the lot on the old car seat. I walked up to her.

"Hi..." I said slowly. She looked up at me.

"Hi," she said. She had tears streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry about Steve. He can be a jerk some- most of the time," I said. Evie giggled a little bit.

"It's fine. I just, I thought for once, a guy actually liked me. Most guys do the same thing. They bring me out on dates, acting like I'm the only girl they care about, and then they leave me for someone else," Evie said, a sob leaving her mouth at the end. I frowned and sat next to her, pulling her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry. It may be hard to believe, but there is someone out there for you. Whether it's a guy or a girl, someone is out there waiting for you," I said. She sniffled a laugh.

"I'm not into girls," Evie said. I smiled.

"I didn't want to offend you if I had said boys and you were secretly into girls. I don't mean to offend you in any way," I explained. She giggled and pulled out of our hug. She looked at me with a smile.

"Thanks for coming to check on me. I better get home, my parents will be wondering where I am. I'll see you around?" Evie asked. I smiled at her.

"Of course," I said. She smiled, gave me a quick hug, and walked away. I sat there for a couple seconds before getting up and walking back to the Curtis' house.

When I got there I walked right inside. I went into the living room and saw everyone in there either asleep or doing some other weird thing. Steve and Sodapop were having their almost hourly arm wrestle. I walked over to them and sat down and watched.

"Is Evie okay?" Sodapop asked, looking at me for a quick second before beating Steve.

"She will be. I helped her a little bit, but I could tell that she was still hurt," I said, glaring at Steve.

"Hey, I'm sorry, alright? I didn't mean for her to find out I had been using her, and especially not like that and not this early," Steve said.

"That doesn't make it right to use a girl at all. You could have waited. I realized earlier that I like you. I don't know if I trust you enough to give you a chance, now," I said, giving him the stink eye. Steve sighed and rubbed his face with the hand that he wasn't using for a thumb war with Sodapop that I hadn't realized started.

"I know, I know. I regret it very much. Believe me, I will gain your trust, and you will be my girlfriend one of these days," Steve said, pointing at me. I rolled my eyes before getting up and making my way towards Johnny who was asleep on the floor with a pillow under his head. I layed another pillow down next to him and lied down myself. I soon drifted off onto a nice sleep.

A/n,
Chapter 15? Already? Wow. I don't think I wrote my Sodapop story this fast! Probably because at the time there weren't people reading my stories and asking when I'll update next. Sorry it's still slightly small, I haven't had a lot of freetime. But, it may be small, but lots of stuff has been happening in these last few chapters! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!