Chapter 2

Avery's P.O.V.

"Wakie wakie. It's time to go to the Drive-in," I heard a voice say, someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and saw Two-Bit. My head was now on Two-Bit's lap. I sat up.

"Ok. How does my hair look?" I ask, patting my hair down.

"It looks fine, Ave. What, you lookin' to meet some boy?" Soda asked from beside the door, ready to leave.

"No. My hair usually looks awful after laying down for a while," I replied.

"Well, it looks fine, kiddo," Darry said from his chair.

"Are you coming along, Dare?" I asked.

"Nope. I have to work early tomorrow and I don't want to stay up late," Darry replied. I frowned at him. He works too much and never gets to do anything fun.

"Well, alright. See ya, later!" Two-Bit said, pushing everyone out the door. We all started our walk to the Drive-in.

"Alright, the seating arrangement is me at the end, then Avery, Steve, Sodiepop, Ponyboy, Johnny, and then Dally. Everyone got that?" Two-Bit asked. A chorus of "yeps" went around. One groan was heard.

"Who groaned?" Dallas asked.

"I don't know," I answered.

"I did. I don't wanna sit by someone I'm sitting by," Steve answered.

"Well, I guess I could switch with-"

"It's not you, Soda," Steve interrupted Soda. I furrowed my eyebrows. I knew Steve didn't really like me, but I guess he can't even stand me.

"I'll switch with Two, then," I said.

"No, I don't want you at the end, Ave, some Soc could take you," Two-Bit said. He's always been protective of me, which I always found sweet. It never got to the point where it bothered me, I love my cousin Keith.

"Not if they see we got Dallas Winston with us. And you can protect me, Two, all of you guys can," I said.

"I don't like being used so that you don't get kidnapped, man," Dally said.

"Sorry, you don't have to scare them away," I said.

"Nah, I'll do it, but only because you are Two's cousin," Dallas said.

"Awww, the big ole mean Dallas Winston cares about Avery," Sodapop said.

"I do not!" Dallas said. About 10 minutes later (we were walking pretty slow), we arrived at the Drive-in. We went around to where the hole under the fence is and slid under, Two-Bit helping me up. We went to where there are seats, it's a mixture of both Socs and Greasers. We all sat down (I lost the argument on the way here and ended up sitting between Ponyboy and Sodapop) and got sorta comfortable.

"I'm gonna go get some snacks, Steve will you come with me to carry it? Anyone want anything?"

"I'll take a coke and some popcorn," I said, handing him some money. Everyone told him what they wanted and he went to get the snacks with Steve. While they were gone, Johnny, Dallas, and Ponyboy got into a conversation and Sodapop and I were talking.

"Hey, don't mind Steve. He doesn't really hate you. I don't know why he acts like he doesn't," Sodapop told me.

"I don't know either. I don't think I did anything to upset him. It's whatever, though, I'm used to it," I replied.

"That's not something good to be used to. I'll tell him to act nicer," Sodapop said.

"I don't care how he treats me, Soda, honest. I guess I just want to know why," I said.

"I can ask him if you want," Sodapop said.

"Nah, I want him to tell it to my face," I said, looking over his shoulder to see the boys coming back. After they sat down and we all got our snacks, we sat back and watched the movie.

A/n,
Chapter 2!! It's not as long as I usually write them (I usually go to 1,000 words, I'm at 657 right now), but they will get longer! I hope you guys all liked it! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!