Chapter 12

Avery's P.O.V.

I grabbed Johnny's wrist and pulled him outside. I pulled him all the way to the lot and didn't stop until we got to the old car seat. I sat him down on it before taking a seat on it next to him. He looked at me confused.

"I like Steve..." I said, slowly. He widened his eyes at me and grinned.

"That's amazing!" Johnny exclaimed. I looked at him.

"Is it, though? I mean, he's always been a jerk to me for years and then he randomly confessed his feelings to me and now I share the same feelings!" I said in one breath. I was then breathing heavily because it was in one breath. Johnny wrapped his arm around me.

"It will be okay, Ave. I'll be here for you to comfort you, Two-Bit and Sodapop will protect you, Ponyboy will be here for you to both comfort and protect you, and Darry will protect you, and Dally, even though he won't admit it, cares about you, so he probably will protect you," Johnny said. I looked at him and pouted. I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed him into a tight hug. Johnny wrapped his other arm around me.

"Thank you, Johnnycakes. I love you," I said, my head on his shoulder. I heard Johnny sigh.

"I love you, too, Avers," Johnny said. Out of everyone in the gang, I say I love you the most to Johnny. I know at his house he doesn't get love, so I remind him everyday that he is loved by the gang and me.

"We should head back. Sorry for just pulling you out like that. Thanks for letting me, though," I said, smiling at Johnny and standing up.

"It's no problem. I enjoy your company and just talking with you," Johnny said. I smiled. He stood up and together we walked to the Curtis house.

A/n,
Sorry it's short. It's kinda just a filler chapter I guess. I wanted to have another sweet Johnny moment. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!