Tests (A)

When Edward and Bella returned I was outside. Seth was next to me, neither of us were worried. But it did make Jasper fill better to know if she was under control.

"Hey Bella" I replied looking at the girl, woman, she was in Edwards grasp, though it was obvious she was the one worried and not Edward.

"hey, Alex and Seth... you're still here?"

"yeah... I am a part of Alex's pack..." he trailed off. I looked at Seth then back to Edward and Bella. Edward nodded.

"okay Bella, take a ... whiff. That sounds weird but you know what I mean"

I could see Bella look at Edward with a questioning expression, so I explained "it's safer for the little ones to make sure, I'm not that worried, but we want to take every precaution... and we kinda want you to get used to us since we smell different than the others"

I slowly took a step forward as not to alarm her, Seth was beside me but close enough that I could push him away if needed. I got close enough that she could feel the heat coming from my body. Nervously, she took in a tiny breath.

She took another breath and relaxed "Huh. I can see what everyone's been going on about. You stink."

Edward burst into laughter; Seth joined him. "well, that's probably more Seth than me" From behind us I could hear Leah bark out a laugh, followed by the others.

"Okay, so I passed, right?" she said. "Now are you going to tell me what's going on?"

I could feel Seth tense from beside me. "we have all the time to talk, perhaps inside would be better?"

"Renesmee," She whispered.

"Come and see," Edward murmured. "I know you can handle this."

"You'll help me?" she whispered through motionless lips.

"Of course, I will."

"And Emmett and Jasper - just in case?"

"We'll take care of you, Bella. Don't worry, we'll be ready. None of us would risk Renesmee. I think you'll be surprised at how entirely she's already wrapped us all around her little fingers. She'll be perfectly safe, no matter what."

I smiled at Bella and Seth joined in, he trusted the others completely, a positive. Seth and I led them inside, everyone was waiting with smiles, though slightly defensive. The two bundles of joy had everyone wrapped around their fingers. I approached Rosalie wrapping my hand around her waist as we waited. Leah had Demetri in her arms on the other side of Rose. Seth went to stand near Esme, who was currently holding Renesme, he looked at her with adoration, just like everyone else, his smile increased when he saw Renesmee spot Bella.

She was leaning out of Esme's arms slightly peering at her mother.

"I was out just three days?" she said disbelieving. The children appeared to be weeks, if not months old, twice the size they were when they were born. They were strong enough to sit up on their own... it was only a matter of time before they started crawling.

Renesmee had shiny bronze-colored hair that fell in ringlets past her shoulders. Her chocolate brown eyes examined Bella with an interest that was not at all childlike; it was adult, aware and intelligent. Very creepy the first time you see it.

Demetri wasn't quite on the same level; he was smart but much more human. He had similar protections that I did, we couldn't explain why Edward could read his mind, it wasn't perfect, and Edward compared it to Charlie. He could hear bits and pieces but not everything like everyone else. But the most promising was Demetri's nearly invisible scent – because he was half vampire that part was visible, and his human side was gone.