Treaties (A)

Esme showed up shortly after with some breakfast.

"you should eat just like everyone else" I smiled and looked at the baby asleep in my arms. I was concerned about his growth and his eyes, but it appeared he was more like me than I originally thought. A small glance to Renesmee said she was more human than vampire too. Something that will really go a long way in convincing the council that they are good.

"I can take him while you eat" Leah said gently, I looked into her eyes, and I could see the exact reaction that Seth had. Our eyes met and the information passed between us. Leah imprinted. This was another positive.

Demetri had another protector.

I smiled gently "okay"

After handing Leah, Demetrius, I took the plate of food Esme offered and sat down on the floor eating slowly. After I finished my food I looked at the family around me, then to Carlisle. "I'll talk to Sam, hopefully we can arrange a alliance. I want to make sure everything is really okay."

Carlisle nodded "that would be beneficial, we are going to keep an eye on Bella, but it would be good for them to know about her as well"

"I'll go when Rosalie and the others get back"

The next few hours I waited with the family, watched each member blend together easily. Even Leah and Seth the two wolves were a part of this family. The only thing missing was my mom and aunt, I had some explaining to do, somethings to say to make them feel better... I wasn't sure if I could show them Demetri, but I had to find a reason for my unexplained disappearances.

Rosalie returned to find Demetrius fast asleep in my arms. She smiled at me an expression of pure love. I kissed his head before handing him to Rose.

"we're going to talk to Sam. We'll be back" I kissed her before placing another kiss on Demetri's head.

We phased and ran to the border, all in agreement that this was our land.

'it is' Seth replied. Leah nodded in agreement.

'yeah, but I want you guys to still see your mom. hopefully we can come to an agreement and you guys can cross... I don't know if Demetri and Renesmee could, but I want to make sure everything is settled, that we could live safely.'

We heard the sound of paws and were met with Jared, I stepped back phasing (thankfully I had my clothes this time).

"Jared, we want to talk to Sam. Figure some things out." Jared disappeared for a second then returned standing right in front of me.

"are you coming back?"

I shook my head "I hope we can come to an agreement of sorts. My-our" I gestured to Leah and Seth "our imprints are here. But you guys are still family. Maybe we can hash out some boundaries, we don't want to infringe upon anything"

Jared furrowed his brows, and I could hear Paul grumble "this is still your guys' home, no matter what Jacob said. All of us agree, and we miss you guys. Even Leah's snarky jabs"

Leah let out a snort and I knew she didn't feel like it, but if we can allow some intermingling I would feel better. "Thank you"

"okay, come with us, we'll take you to Sam" I looked at Seth and Leah noticing their nod I agreed.

"okay, we'll run with you guys"

With that we followed Paul and Jared back to the pack house, once in the clearing we all returned to our human self's. Everyone was at the pack house. Sam came out first with the others in tow, Emily forwent any sort of 'protection' the pack had and engulfed the three of us into hugs, even Leah returned it. She understood the compulsion that drew Sam to Emily and accepted it. it wasn't the same as what she felt for Demetri or me but she could feel how I felt about Rose.

It helped that she was accepted at the Cullen's, they all saw her as a part of the family, just as much as Seth or me.

"Alex" Sam breathed out "it's good to see you, we hoped you'd be back sooner"

I shook my head "I'm not back to stay, I have to be with Rose... but I would like to still be welcomed."

Sam looked me in the eyes "of course, you're still our family, I'm sorry for everything" I saw Seth flinch, and so did the others "We-I thought they were a threat, like the newborns. I acted rash and it was uncalled for. For that I am sorry. As far as I'm concerned the treaty is intact and both the babies are not a threat."

"intact? Bella's dead, they bit a human" Jacob's voice filtered through the air.

"the Cullen's had permission to turn Bella, the council agreed. We were not worried about that. Bella and the babies are not to be harmed. Bella's daughter and Alex's son are not a threat."

"Demetri"

Sam looked at me "my son's name is Demetrius, but we call him Demetri. And Renesmee, she's not venomous and she can eat regular food, just like us."

"and Demetri?" Emily asked looking between the three of us.

I smiled and could see the others melt at my expression "he's all gums right now, so all he eats is formula."

"he's like Alex, even had her eyes" Leah added.

Sam smiled and nodded at all of us "The treaty remains, The three of you are welcome here. We will maintain our land and wont cross without permission" he looked at the rest of the pack. "Permanent truce with the Cullen's. And we won't be opposed if the children come to the reservation"

There was a grumble of agreement throughout the pack, and we were welcomed back without issue. Of course, the three of us were still worried, we trusted Sam but there was still the past pain.

Like with Sam we talked with the council and explained everything, Sue was happy to see her kids and even elated to find out that they had imprinted, that they were safe. Billy congratulated them as well, but before too long had passed it was just Billy and me.

"congratulations Alex, a child is to be celebrated"

I looked him in the eyes, "I'm sorry, I just I read it and when Sam... I couldn't stop it from being revealed."

Billy sighed "Alex, I did a lot of things in my life that I have regretted. Expecting that to stay a secret is perhaps my biggest one."