Chapter 16

After the force of the explosion passes, the light returns to the area. The dwarves slowly look up and notice Gandalf, who's holding his staff and sword. 
  "Take up arms. Fight. Fight!" Gandalf shouts to them
  The dwarves quickly get up and begin fighting the goblins. Gandalf kills goblins running at him. The dwarves reach the pile of weapons and toss the weapons to each other;  using them to defeat the goblins around them. While fighting Fili looked over to where Rosa was and saw her unconscious and a few of the goblins began gathering around her. Fili, fearing for Rosa rushes over and kills them
  Once they're killed Fili kneels beside her then begins to lightly shake her trying to wake her. He begins to worry as she doesn't respond, fearing the worst checking for a pulse. He sighs in relief once he finds one.

  As they continue to go through goblin town. Fili suddenly hears a small voice call out his name. He looks down to see Rosa is awake. He sighs in relief "Thank Durin you're alright."
  "What happened?"
  "You hit your head, I'll explain later. You think you can walk?"
  She nods and Fili puts her down helping her stand. They continue with the other, killing all the goblins in their way. Soon, the company managed to approach a bridge between two walls of the cavern. As they try to cross it, the Goblin King breaks through from underneath the bridge and pulls himself up onto the bridge, in front of them. As they pause, hundreds of goblins approach them from all sides.
  "You thought you could escape me?" The Goblin King then swings his mace twice at Gandalf, causing Gandalf to stumble back and almost fall. "What are you going to do now, wizard?" Gandalf leaps forward and strikes him in the eye with his staff. He drops his mace and clutches his face in pain. "Ow, ow, ow!" Gandalf steps forward and slices the Goblin King in the belly; he falls to his knees, clutching his belly."That'll do it."
  Gandalf again swings his sword and slices the Great Goblin's neck, causing him to fall dead. His weight causes the bridge to start shaking; suddenly, the section of the bridge on which the company is standing breaks away from the rest of the bridge and starts sliding down the side of the cavern. Rosa screamed as she expected to hit the hard ground, only to land on someone groaning. She looks down to see that she has landed on Fili, she blushes, and manages to scramble off him. Looking behind her at the others trapped under the rubble of the bridge.
  "Sorry, Fili." she whisper 
  "It's quite alright." He smiles at her getting up, brushing himself off
  She looked up at him confused at his actions 
  "Well, that could have been worse," Bofur says
  Suddenly, as if jinking the situation, the Goblin king's corpse falls landing on the wreckage, squishing the group further. They cry out in pain. Rosa shakes her head relieved not to have been trapped under it.
  "You've got to be joking!"
  As the dwarves begin extricating themselves from the rubble, Kili looks up and sees thousands of goblins running at them. "Gandalf!" Kili shout gaining everyone's attention
  "There's too many! We can't fight them."
  "Only one thing will save us: daylight! Come on! Here, on your feet!
The dwarves get up quickly, helping each other out of the rubble, and they run away, following Gandalf.

  Once out of the goblin tunnels the bunch began down the mountain slope. Gandlf pauses and begins counting the members of the company to make sure they are all with him. "Five, six, seven, eight...Bifur, Bofur...that's ten...Fili, Kili,...that's thirteen...and Bombur and Rosa- that makes fourteen. Where's Bilbo? Where is our Hobbit? Where is our hobbit?!" Gandalf asked looking around the group 
  "Curse that halfling! He's lost?!"
  "I thought he was with Dori!" Gloin points over to Dori
  "Don't blame me!" 
  "Well, where did you last see him?" Gandalf asked walking closer to Dori
  "I think I saw him slip away when they first collared us." Nori chimes in 
  "What happened exactly?” Gandlaf asked, looking at Nori “Tell me!"
  Unknown to anyone an invisible Bilbo has caught up to the group and now hides behind a tree as Thorin speaks. Rosa begins trying to sneak away.
  "I'll tell you what happened. Master Baggins saw his chance and he took it! He's thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since first he stepped out of his door! We will not be seeing our Hobbit again. He is long gone!”
  "Where do you think you're going!?" Throin addresses Rosa
  "I'm going back to find my brother!" She lowly growls stopping
  "You hear what Nori said, your brother sneaked away. He left us."
  Rosa narrows her eyes turning towards Thorin "No, you are wrong. All of you, he would never abandon anyone."
  "Thorin's right you can not go back it's too dangerous you'll be killed." Fili steps forward trying to get her to see reason
"If it happens, so be it." She growled "I will not leave him. He could be hurt or worse."
  "If he did manage to get out, he is long gone."
  Bilbo, who is still invisible, hears everything They have said. He leans on the tree as he ponders what he has just heard. The dwarves look at each other then the two as Rosa continues staring at Thorin feeling her anger rise.
  "No, he isn't." Bilbo remarks stepping out from behind the tree, no longer invisible. The dwarves look at him in shock and relief.