Chapter 36

Later the Company watches in horror as Laketown continues burning. They all stare at each other in sadness and fear.
"Poor souls." Blain sadly comment
Rosa closes her eyes wishing that she wasn't here saying a silent prayer for Laketown and their friends. Bilbo looks back and sees that Thorin is staring back at the halls of Erebor, not at Laketown. Bilbo looks worried. Hours pass they continue to sit there when suddenly they hear a loud sound in the distance. They jump up in surprise. "What was that? What happened?" Ori asks
"It fell. I saw it." Bilbo says as he looks back at the group
They all peer out at the town in the early morning light.
"It's dead. Smaug is dead!"
hearing this Thorin the alone one not looking at the town, and still staring at the Lonely Mountain has a strange expression of happiness across his face.
"By my beard! I think he's right! Look there! The ravens of Erebor are returning to the mountain!" Gloin points out as Several birds caw and approach the Lonely Mountain.
"Aye - Word will spread. Before long every soul in Middle-earth will know - The dragon is dead!"
As the dwarves laugh in glee, Thorin hurries down from the lookout point and approaches the gates of Erebor.

Every morning for the next few days Rosa sat in a garden she found earlier necessary to hide from Dwarves and BIlbo as they had been asking if she was alright. She sighs hoping the others would turn up soon as she roams around looking at what's left of the flowers. Meanwhile, Fili, Kili, Oin, and Bofur had finally made it to Erebor. When they come to the front gate seeing the hole Smaug left, they looked at each other worried and rushed in where they were met by Bilbo. The hobbit tries his best to explain to the four what has happened. They then find Throin who seemed to have gone crazy standing in the middle of the treasure room. after Throin talks and welcomes Fili and Kili, Bilbo takes them to where the others were waiting around.

As four enter a room they were greeted by the others. As they hug and greet each other Fili looked around growing anxious not seeing Rosa anywhere among them. "Blain, where's Rosa?" He asks walking over to the older dwarf
"She's somewhere around Laddie. She's been distant since we got here."
Fili frowns at this then nods excusing himself. He stopped as he exited the room thinking where she'd be seeing that Erebor is a huge place. He smiled getting an idea after remembering something his mother told him about Erebor growing up.

After a while, he finally finds Rosa gently messing with some withered daises. He smiled happy to see her safe and alive. However Rosa unaware of his presence sighing as she worries about what had come of him and the others.
"You are a hard one to find." Fili finally spoke gaining her attention
Rosa turns around surprised to find him with a wide grin. She gasps and runs to him giggling as Fili spins her around then pulls her close hugging her
"I was worried that the dragon had gotten you." Rosa mutter in his chest hugging back
Fili let out a breath, holding her closer "I thought the same after we saw the front gate. I'm glad you're safe."
Rosa pulled back, smiling at him. She reaches up, placing a hand on his cheek. Fili leans into her touch, then places a kiss on her palm. The two stand there staring at each other for a moment then lean closer sharing a passionate kiss.