Chapter 7

"What was that?" Bilbo asked the brothers Disturbed
"Orcs," Kili answered him
"Orcs?"
Thorin, who was dozing, jerks awake upon hearing the word Orcs. Then another scream is heard.
"Throat-cutters. There'll be dozens of them out there. The lowlands are crawling with them."
"They strike in the wee small hours, when everyone's asleep. Quick and quiet; no screams, just lots of blood."
Rosa shakes her head at the two then turns back around as Bilbo looks away in fright; Fili and Kili look at each other and begin laughing.
"You think that's funny? You think a night raid by orcs is a joke?" Thorin asked angrily
"We didn't mean anything by it." Kili apologize looking down
"No, you didn't. You know nothing of the world." Thorin tells them walking over to the edge of the cliff and looks out over the valley
Balin walks up to Fili and Kili. "Don't mind him, laddie. Thorin has more cause than most to hate orcs."
Balin starts telling a story about how Thorin's Grandfather and the dwarves fight against Azog. Afterward, Thorin turns away from the view beyond the cliff; to the entire Company is awake and standing, staring at him in awe. Thorin walks between them toward the fire.
"But the pale orc? What happened to him?" Bilbo asked
"He slunk back into the hole whence he came. That filth died of his wounds long ago."
With that, the company went back to their sleeping spots. Rosa looked over to Thorin feeling bad for the hardships he and his people went through and wishes she could understand more about them.

The next morning everyone got up and started riding when it began raining mid-ride.
"Mr. Gandalf, can't you do something about this deluge?" Dori asked
"It is raining, Master Dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard." Gandalf said as they continue
"Are there any?" Bilbo asked curiously
"What?"
"Other wizards."
"There are five of us. The greatest of our order is Saruman, the White. Then there are the two Blue Wizards; you know, I've quite forgotten their names." Gandalf explains
"And who is the fifth?"
"Well, that would be Radagast the Brown." Gandalf smiled answering his question
"Is he a great Wizard or is he...more like you?"
Gandalf looks slightly offended. "I think he's a very great wizard, in his own way. He's a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals to others. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forest lands to the East, and a good thing too, for always Evil will look to find a foothold in this world."
The company continued as the rain raged on. Rosa rode in the back watching the dwarves as they talked to each other pay no mind to her as if she's not there. Rosa decided that she gonna leave knowing that no one would really miss her besides maybe Bilbo.

Later in the middle of the night Rosa takes Lilly and sneaks away from the company trying to make sure no one is following her. She stops in the middle of an opening, she begins searching her pack then pulls out an apple feeding it to Lilly. As Lilly eats Rosa pets her mane.
  "Running away would just prove Thorin right ya know?"
  Rosa jumped dropping the apple turning around surprised to see Fili leaning against a tree.
  "Oh, it's just you Fili." Rosa sighed picking up the apple holding up for Lilly to finish "Why should I care what he thinks he wants me to leave anyway."
  "You should stay though we need you."
  She chuckled throwing the apple core "Need me, you have Bilbo."
  "That's true we do but without you. He'll leave."
  She scoffed at his statement "Trust me he secretly loves adventures and has no plan on leaving."
"Maybe but you should still stay."  Fili stating walking off towards the camp but stopping in front of her "You said so yourself: your a part of this company and you did sign the contract. Also, not everyone wants you gone." He shrugged "But that's up to you. I just think it's a terrible idea." He commented walking away leaving Rosa to her thoughts.