Chapter 12

Once the meal was over, some elves walked the company minus Bilbo, Balin, and Thorin toward an area where they would be sleeping. Rosa decided she wanted a place far from the dwarves for a bit knowing no one would care that she's missing. When no one's looking she slipped away.

After walking around, she finally finds a nice garden, she smiles and pulls out the sword that Gandalf had given her. She moved the sword in ways she felt was right and only read about in books but she stops as she hears a voice behind her remark "You're going to get hurt if you fight like that you know?"
Rosa turns around surprised "Fili?" She lowers her sword confused "What are you doing here?"
"I noticed you were missing and want to make sure you were ok."
"Well, as you can see I'm just fine." She says turning her back to him "So you can go back to the other now."
"There is no need to be defensive, Rosa."
"How can I not with how your kin have been treating me so far this journey."
"I can help you." Fili offered changing the subject
Rosa narrowed her eyes turning to face him "Why would you help me?"
"Your a member of this company. I couldn't just let you get hurt."
"Well, thank you but no, like I told Thorin I can handle myself just fine."
Fili chuckled at her statement "Oh really, just like you managed the warg from earlier today,"
"It caught me off guard is all. I could have handled it otherwise." She says waving her sword around
"Would you like help?"
Rosa looked at him suspiciously think about his offer for a moment then nods
Fili smiled walking behind her "Alright, first you're holding your weapon wrong. Hold it like this" He gently moved her hands the proper way "now hold it tight and block my blows."
She nodded holding tightly onto her sword and ready herself as Fili came at her. She managed to block most blows.
Rosa squeaked as Fili's blade graced her cheek. she raised her fingers to her cheek surprised to feel no blood.
"Oh I'm sorry I-"
"It's alright Fili." She smiled "I know you didn't mean to. I guess I'll have to pay more attention next time." She chuckled trying to lighten the mood
Fili moved forward placing his hand on her cheek tracing his thumb over the cut. The heat raised to Rosa's cheeks as she stares at Fili confused about his action. They move closer together, but then Fili shook his head backing up "Um, we should head back." He says walking towards the exit before she could answer

Fili and Rosa came to where the company will be sleeping for the night. Rosa shakes her head as she noticed that the others have made a fire in the center of the room. Rosa went and sat away from dwraves wishing her pony Lily was still with her. Rosa watches as Fili sits with Kili. She wondered what the two are talking about.

"What's with the face dear brother?" Fili asked his brother sitting down
"You do remember, we are ordered to stay away from her right?"
"Of course I know that. I was just helping her with her sword skills besides she's more like Bilbo than like those elves in the tales Thorin has told us."
"It does seem that way, I guess I can see why you like her."
Fili stares at him for a moment then clears his throat "I don't know what you're talking about Kili."
"I'm not stupid Fili I see the way you look at her. And your the reason uncle made it an order to stay away."
Fili doesn't respond just looks over at Rosa 'What do I do?'

Later on Thorin, Balin and Bilbo came back from their meeting with Gandalf and Lord Elrond.
"So what'd ya find out?" Dawlin asked when they enter the area
"Aye, he said 'On the last light of Durin's day the keyhole will be shown," Balin tells him
"But Durin's day is fast approaching us," Fili comments
"That is why we are to leave at first light. Now everyone to sleep." Thorin tells them
As the dwarves went about their way, Bilbo walks over to Rosa sitting down next to her smiling then frowned "Rosa, what happened?" Bilbo asked her once he noticed the cut on her cheek
"It's nothing." she simply replied with a small smile