Chapter 13

Early in the morning the Company wake and began gathering their things. Rosa looked over to Fili watching as he helps the others gather their gear.
Once the company was all finished packing their supplies; they began leaving Rivendell to continue on their journey.

Outside the borders of Rivendell Thorin stops the company. "Be on your guard, we're about to step over the Edge of the Wild." Thorin warns them then looks to Balin "Balin, you know these paths, lead on."

He moved to the side to let Balin go ahead and lead. With that the company begins onward, Thorin looks among them and noticed both Bilbo and Rosa had stopped and looked back at Rivendell "Master, Madam, Baggins, I suggest you keep up." He tells the two then follows the others

Bilbo turns and joins the dwarves as they continue on their journey. Rosa stares a little longer at Rivendell before joining as well.

As they cross, the misty mountains Rosa stays by Bilbo staring towards Fili once or twice. Thinking about the events of yesterday. Rosa snaps out of her thoughts and looks over to Bilbo who nudged her.
"You Feeling alright Rosa?" Bilbo asked very concerned "You have been quieter than usual."
"Oh, Uh... Yeah, I'm fine." She simply answers
Bilbo looked at her knowing that she's lying but decided not to push the subject.
The two walked in silence, as the company continues on their journey crossing the Misty Mountains; the trail becomes narrow and dangerous, with a cliff on one side and a sheer drop on the other. A fierce storm with lightning and rain starts.
"Alright, hold on!"
Rosa begins to slip as the stone beneath her feet gives away, and starts falling; although someone manages to pull her back in time. She looks to see Fili had saved her from near-death again.
"Thank you, Fili." She softly whispered
He just nod with what Rosa believed was a smile.
"We must find shelter!" Thorin shout to them over the roaring storm
"Look out!" Dawlin shouts as a giant rock flying towards them, it hits the edge of the mountain, shattering around them
"This is no thunderstorms! It's a thunder-battle! Look!" Balin points over as a stone giant rears up ripping off a massive boulder from the top of the mountain.
"Well bless me. The legends are true! Giants! Stone giants!" Bofur says
"Take cover, you fool!"

One of the stone giants throws the boulder at another giant, that appears from behind the Company, hitting in the head. The dwarves yell at each other to brace and hold on, and the rocks beneath their feet begin to give way from all the vibrations and the impact of the falling rocks. The ground between them begins to split; part of the group on one side, and part on the other.
"Hold on!" One of the dwarves shouts as the stone giants begin fighting each other
"Ki­li, grab my hand!" Fili shout to his brother as the mountain continues to break around them

Suddenly the mountain they're on comes to life and starts fighting with the other stone giant, the dwarves find themselves now completely separated and try to reunite as the stone giants fight, breaking each other.
As the two stone giants fight continues, the dwarves hold on tight as they are flung around. One of the groups manages to jump to a different spot. A third stone giant appears, and it throws a boulder at the head of one of the first two. The One with the other half of the group falls over; the first group watches, as it appears the other group of the Company has been smashed to bits. The hurt stone giant loses its footing and falls down the chasm.
"No! Kili!"
The group rushes to the spot where the others appeared to have been crushed, but as they rounded the corner to see the other dwarves are safe
"We're all right! We're alive!"
"Where's Bilbo?" Rosa looks around searching for any sign of him "Where's my brother!?"
"There!" Ori shouts point over to the edge of the cliff where Bilbo holding on by his fingertips
"Get him!"
Ori dives onto the ground and tries to grab Bilbo's arm, but Bilbo slips and falls another few feet before he catches another handhold.
As the dwarves try to pull him up but are unsuccessful, Thorin swings down on the cliff next to Bilbo and boosts him up, where the others pull him to safety.
Rosa rushed to Bilbo's side hugging him tightly. 'That to close, maybe we should've stayed in the Shire. We have no place amongst these dwarves.'
"I thought we'd lost our burglar." Dwalin says in relief
"He's been lost ever since he left home. He should never have come, neither of them. They have no place amongst us."

The company gather themselves and start walking, stumbling upon a Cave opening, the company scurried inside out of the rain.
"It looks safe enough." Dawlin comments As they look around the cave
"Search to the back; caves in mountains are seldom unoccupied."
Dwalin nods grabbing a lantern and starting his search of the cave.