Chapter 39

After Bilbo left Rosa stay and started roaming around thinking about what had led up to now. Trying to figure out what Thorin told the two earlier. She hated the idea of her friends going to war fearing the worst.
  "You seem to really like this place don't you?"
  Rosa looked behind her frowning seeing Fili in battle gear then turns back to the flower she was previously looking at "Yes well it is more peaceful in here."
  She closes her eyes as she feels arms wrap around her.
  "What's on your mind, Ro."
  Rosa is silent not sure what to say then sighs "I'm sorry." she wiggles out of his grip running off.
  Fili looked on confused and a bit hurt at her actions. Wondering what going with her.

  Later that night while the Dwarves were either sleeping or talking about tomorrow, Rosa and Bilbo sneaked onto the rampart. Bilbo starts tieing a rope
  "You two should be inside out of the wind," Bofur said behind them
  They both jumped turning around "W-We need some air place still smells of dragon." Bilbo answered as Rosa just looks away.
  As Bofur walked closer to them than stopped looking out. "The elves have been moving their archers into position. The battle will
Over by tomorrow's evens. Thoe I doubt we'll live to see it."
  "These are dark days."
  "Dark days indeed. No one can blame a soul for wishing them elsewhere." He tells them looking up in the sky "Must be past midnight Bombur has the next watch. It'll take a bit to wake him." He says turning to walk off
  "Bofur." Bilbo called to Bofur stopping him who stops in his tracks turning and looks at them "We will see you in the morning."
  Rosa smiles as Bofur smiles at them "Goodbye Bilbo, Rosa." He says before walking down the steps
  Rosa frowned watching him go. Once Bofur was out of site They start down the rope. They rush across over to Dale. As they come closer the hear Gandalf speaking to someone, as they sneak past some of the guards.
  "You, Bowman! Do you agree with this? Is gold so important to you? Would you buy it with the blood of dwarves?!" Gandalf asks Bard
  "It will not come to that. This is a fight they cannot win."
  "That won't stop them. You think the dwarves will surrender - They won't. They will fight to the death to defend their own." Bilbo tells them as he and Rosa step out
  "Bilbo and Rosa Baggins!" Gandalf says shocked
  They gave him a small happy smile.

  Soon the two are presented before Thranduil. He looks at Bilbo "If I'm not mistaken, this is the halfling who stole the keys to my dungeons from under the nose of my guards."
  Bilbo looks extremely uncomfortable. "Yes. Sorry about that." There is a small awkward silence, then Bilbo steps forward and puts a wrapped package on the table. "I...I mean we came...to give you this." He unwraps the package to reveal the Arkenstone.
  Thranduil rises in surprise. "The heart of the mountain! The King's Jewel."
  Both Gandalf and Bard approach to look at it.
   "And worth a king's ransom. How is this yours to give?" Bard asks
  "We took it as our share of the treasure," Bilbo tells them looking to Rosa who just nods
  "Why would you do this? Neither of You owes us your loyalty." Bard asks looking confused at the hobbits
  "We're not doing it for you. Look Rosa and I both know that dwarves can be obstinate and pigheaded and difficult, suspicious and secretive...with the worst manners you can possibly imagine, but they also are brave and kind...and loyal to a fault. we've grown very fond of them, and we will save them if we can." He tells him "Now Thorin values this stone above all else. In exchange for its return, we believe he will give you what you are owed. There will be no need for war!"
  Gandalf, Bard, and Thranduil look at each other.