Chapter 20 - A bigger surprise

"What?" "I want to visit my family, it's been a long time since I saw them." I explained. Since it was still some time before we went on our 'honeymoon', we decided that we wanted to travel together and to explore the continent, I suggested that we could try to find out where they live and visit them but Cahir wasn't fond of the idea at all.

"You say that we should go to your family, tell them that we're married and act like my people didn't captured them and tore them away from you? Yes, very great idea." I had no idea what had gotten into him but I didn't like the way he was talking. "What's the matter? Don't you want to meet my family?" I asked, trying to stay calm. "No, actually. I don't think that they would like meeting me as well." "But you know that I haven't seen them in a long time. You saw your family yesterday." "You said that you had problemes getting along with them anyways and I don't get why it's so important for you to search for them now."

I couldn't stay calm anymore and I didn't know what it was because usually, I would have managed that easily. "They are still my family for fuck's sake." I was glad that Alice wasn't there when I said that. "You don't know what it feels like to not know if something happened to them. Your people gave them gold and horses, but they still didn't know where to go. And have you ever thought about the possibility that bandits could have robbed or killed them? Do you even know how worried I am? Of course I always had some problems but that didn't mean that I hate them or anything."

"I do not think that this is a great idea anyways. What if they feel betrayed because you married one of the assholes that burned down your village? Wouldn't they want to kill me or never see us again?" Tears started forming in my eyes. "Well, thank you for saying that my family probably hates me. Very comforting to hear that, really." "No, that wasn't..." Cahir started but it was too late, I suddenly felt really sick so I ran into the bathroom to vomit. He immediately came after me to see if everything was good, but it wasn't.

Of course, I imagined the first day of being married to turn out different, but after we both calmed down and after I vomited three more times, we talked about it again and agreed that we could at least try to find out where they were now and how they were doing. Also, Cahir insisted that I stayed in bed because even if I didn't have to vomit, I kept feeling sick.

And while I was laying in bed, I heard Cahir arguing with someone in front of the door. "We couldn't find them anywhere." A man said."Then search somewhere else. Don't you have any clues where they could be now?" Cahir seemed kind of angry with the man but I was very thankful that he now tried to find them.

I kept feeling sick for some more days and Cahir first insisted that I should drink way more water than normal and later on getting a healer to find out what was wrong. Since I actually was a healer myself now, I didn't quite like the idea but Cahir was being really stubborn. The healer could tell me why I kept feeling sick after a little while and what he said made me vomit again. I was pregnant.

Cahir had to train recruits again and I didn't want to tell him right in the courtyard with all these other people around. And since Cecilia told me that she was pregnant before she told her husband, I figured that it was only fair if I told her first as well, especially since I was kind of afraid about what Cahir would say. I knew that he wanted to become a real father someday but what if this wasn't the right time?

So I went to Cecilia to tell her the news and she absolutely freaked out when I told her, she was just way too excited. "Then our kids can always play together." This was the first thing that came to her mind and I found it honestly adorable that she said that. "This is so great." "I know, but... what if Cahir doesn't think that?" "He told you that he wants children. Why wouldn't he like the news?" Cecilia tried to calm me down with her words but I was still not really sure and also I still felt very sick. "It's fine, really." She said. "You know when I was afraid to tell my husband? And he never told me that he wanted to become a father. But now he's just as excited as I am and Cahir will be too. And he also loves Alice, right? She's with him right now, jumping around in the courtyard with her tiny sword. The two are just adorable and I honestly think that you should tell him today. I noticed how worried he is about you feeling sick all the time." "Your probably right.", I had to admit. "Of course I am." "But... being pregnant is still a big deal, isn't it? I mean... mood swings, throwing up and then again getting hungry, not being able to sleep at night and all that." I was telling her about all of my worries because she probably knew best.

"Of course it's a big deal but even my husband helped me get through all of these phases and Cahir will too. For sure." With that, she actually managed to take some of my worries away.

Cahir has always been so gentle and caring to me and Cecilia was probably right. He already loved Alice and she absolutely loved him as well. So I decided to tell him as soon as he came back and until that happened, I tried not to think to much about it but instead I read one of my favourite books.

And then the door opened and my wonderful husband stepped in with Alice walking right next to him and holding his hand. She was rubbing her eyes, the training must have been pretty exhausting for her so we brought her to bed right away and she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

"She did so well today." Cahir told me. "Even managed to startle one of the recruits by hitting his leg with her sword." I laughed quietly and hugged him very tightly. "So how are you doing, my love? Still not feeling better?" "Well, a bit better actually. Thank you for caring so much, darling." "Of course I care. I love you so much. You and Alice are the best things that ever happened to me."

"You're going to be such a great father to our child." The words just slipped out of my mouth and managed to surprise Cahir very much.

"Wh...What?"

"I'm pregnant!"